black lab needs home. Owner died. Titusville, Pa.

Thread: black lab needs home. Owner died. Titusville, Pa.

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Defaultblack lab needs home. Owner died. Titusville, Pa.

My niece received this e-mail and she passed it on to me.

Hi Everyone,
    I received this email from a friend who lives up in Titusville, her neighbor just passed away and his black lab needs a home. If you know anyone who would like to take this dog in please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Chrissy

Hi Chrissy,

Have really enjoyed the photos of your dogs and thought maybe you would be the one to ask a question I have.
    We had an elderly neighbor who we grew to know fairly well over the last year or so. Sadly we found him passed away a few days after Christmas. I have been just heart-sick about it. This man had no family, as he was an only child and he never married. At any rate, he had a dog that apparently he had gotten a year or two ago. He had mentioned his dog but we had never seen it or anything as this man would never let anyone in his house, saying his house was a mess. But the dog was kept in the house.
    When he died, they (the police) took the dog out of the house and to the pound or wherever. Anyhow, this man's financial investor called me to ask if I knew anyone who would want the dog, as she didn't want to leave it in the pound and she didn't want to put an ad in the newspaper, cause she didn't want just "anyone" to take the dog. I thought I would ask you if you knew of anyone who would want him since you are in the dog world.
    I was told he is a good dog, he is a young black lab, about 2 - 3 years old, really healthy and doesn't bark or growl or anything like that. That is all I know really and is all the investor knew. We don't even know the dog's name because the man never told us his dog's name. Apparently the dog had been well cared for. If you know anyone who would love him, please let me know.

Brookville, Pa.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: black lab needs home. Owner died. Titusville, Pa.

Linda, maybe you can cross post this in LC? We have quite a few Pennsylvanians.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

sloigo is offline Senior Member

Did anyone bring it to Joe's attention? Not sure how far it is from him. http://www.sparro.org/

[email protected]
    Karen, Mom to the Lab Monkeys:
    Daisy DoBug YL 7 yr old
    Kiana YL 5/2006
    Piglet 4/2006 Lab @ Heart
    Liberty 7/2/2009
    **Bella Mia 5 yo (RIP~2/07)**
    *Molly Blu 2.5 yr old (RIP~7/06)*

LOLIN.ORG Saving one lab at a time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Joe Maringo is offline Senior Member

Linda, can you get me any contact info for the dog? Not sure if I have room, but I can check into it and see if I can help.
    Southwest Pennsylvania Retriever Rescue Organization or S.P.A.R.R.O. and Shades Of Grey Senior Sanctuary
    A 501c3 Non Profit Organization.
    Plum, Pa.
    412-795-0163
    website www.sparro.org/

Saving one dog will not change the world But, surely, for that one dog the world will change forever!

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

Joe, only have the e-mail that my niece sent me. She heard about this dog from someone else. I will PM you my nieces e-mail address and let her know she might hear from you.

Linda

Brookville, Pa.

joflake is offline Senior Member

Linda,

I am travelling to Pittsburgh this weekend to see my daughter. I could possibly do a transport to Joe if needed. I'd also be willing to keep him until the weekend if we could get him here.

Joe Maringo is offline Senior Member

I am working my way down the list of contacts. I have the number for the lady that has the dog, but have not had a chance to call yet today. I think it is a business, so might have to wait until tomorrow.

I appriciate the transport offer. I will be in Grove City Friday, so could shoot over then if needed. I have to see a picture first to make sure it is a lab before I can even consider it. I have been burned too many times by people saying pure bred lab and when it gets here lab is the only thing NOT in its background.

I'll keep you all posted.
    Southwest Pennsylvania Retriever Rescue Organization or S.P.A.R.R.O. and Shades Of Grey Senior Sanctuary
    A 501c3 Non Profit Organization.
    Plum, Pa.
    412-795-0163
    website www.sparro.org/

Saving one dog will not change the world But, surely, for that one dog the world will change forever!

sloigo is offline Senior Member

Any news Joe???
    Karen, Mom to the Lab Monkeys:
    Daisy DoBug YL 7 yr old
    Kiana YL 5/2006
    Piglet 4/2006 Lab @ Heart
    Liberty 7/2/2009
    **Bella Mia 5 yo (RIP~2/07)**
    *Molly Blu 2.5 yr old (RIP~7/06)*

LOLIN.ORG Saving one lab at a time.