6 month Old Black Female Free 2 Good Home
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 month Old Black Female Free 2 Good Home

Joker62484 is offline Junior Member

Default6 month Old Black Female Free 2 Good Home

Hello, Im looking for a home for a 6 month old black lab, I got her for my grandparents when she was 8 weeks old, and now she is just to much for them to handle, If i didn't live in a apartment I would take her but i think she deserves better than a apartment life, shes about 55lbs. if any one is interested, she is a sweet dog a little on the hyper side, I live in York, Pennsylvania, if anyone close can give her a good home please let me know.

Thanks

Ray

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Franklins is offline Junior Member

DefaultRe: 6 month Old Black Female Free 2 Good Home

Hello-
    My name is Cynthia and we would love to adopt your lab. We just lost our almost 9 year old lab Tasha tonight to cancer. We have two children and a black lab who will be 3 in October. We live in New Ringgold, PA almost 2 hours away. We had a vacation planned and paid for since last year so I can't cancel. We leave Saturday and are back on the 18th. We would be willing to come and pick her up on the 19th if you don't mind keeping her for another week. We live in a 2400 sq ft house with an open floor plan so we have plenty of room and we live on over an acre and a half so plenty of room for her to run.
    Please let us know.
    Thank you.

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Did you get her from a breeder? Your contract may stipulate that the breeder MUST be contacted before you rehome her.

Is she spayed? If not, do NOT rehome her without getting it done. If money is a concern for you, make the cost of the operation the adoption fee, and the new owners can pick the dog up from the vet (and pay for the surgery) once its done.

Giving away an unspayed female for free is like waving a red flag in front of unscrupulous breeders looking for purebred stock - for the dog's sake, get her spayed first.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I forgot to mention having her spayed - we will pay for having this done if it's a condition of adoption - either by you prior to adopting her or we will do it upon adoption and I will furnish a receipt from our vet - you can call our vet for a reference also (we adopted our other black lab from a rescue and they called to do a reference check). So if you need our vet's information please let us know.

Thanks.
    Cynthia Franklin

Joker62484 is offline Junior Member

Cynthia I sent you a private message. with my contact info

I sent you a message and will be contacting you tomorrow. Thank you!!!!!!

Dani is offline Senior Member

*never mind....I should be nicer to people who have no qualms about dumping dogs*
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

WeHeartLabs is offline Senior Member

I just pray that they have the dog spayed before giving her away.
    <br /><br />

To those concerned:
    My male lab is neutered and I have no intentions of breeding this dog. Tasha our lab we lost to cancer was not spayed when we adopted her and upon adoption we had her spayed.

stlabs is offline Senior Member

I hope you understand why we're concerned and that our concern comes from a good place. A lot of us are involved in rescue and see all too often the horrible effects of the out of control pet population. In Houston where I live there are at least 50 labs every week on the shelters' euthanization lists, the vast majority of which are sweet, lovable, purebred-looking, young dogs. Their faces haunt me and I think of them every day. I personally feel it is my obligation to tell everyone I know to spay and neuter their pets because it is THE ONLY solution to this problem. That's why a lot of us are zealots about this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast