TN - Huey Needs a New Home
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TN - Huey Needs a New Home

Sunny'sMom is offline Junior Member

DefaultTN - Huey Needs a New Home

This sweet boy is in Lebanon, TN. He is 15 months old and LOVES all people of all sizes. The catch is, he isn't crazy about other dogs. He's lived in a wonderful home since being rescued at 5 months of age, but has been in a bad fight with one of the other dogs and desperately needs to find a new home where he can be the Only One. He loves to stay right by your side, loves children, is housebroken, microchipped, neutered, and up to date on all vaccines. He weighs around 88 lbs. and is currently stuck at the vet's office, waiting for his new mom or dad. I have other pictures if anyone would like for me to text or email them.

This is his owner's quote: "We added Huey to our zoo last January and now he needs a new home. He is very people friendly and loves children just not other dogs. He is at our vet with stitches in his leg but otherwise okay after a brawl at our house. He is up to date on everything, house trained, weighs 88# and needs love. He wants to play and be loved so badly. Please help us if you can keep him from being destroyed. Thank you."
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sunny'sMom is offline Junior Member

P.S. Huey's owners have contacted all the nearby rescue organizations...FULL, sadly. I thought I'd come here to see if anyone happened to have some good ideas for this sweet guy. Thanks!

folkerts is offline Junior Member

― Rescue Me! ― ANIMALS FOR ADOPTION ― Dogs, Cats & More try posting there in your state! if you still have him

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaisdad is offline Senior Member

Thanks for trying to help rehome Huey. There are plenty of national rescues who may also be able to help. Sadly, all of the experienced folks have left this forum for greener pastures. I'd give you directions, but then I'd get banned from the board. Contact these groups and tell them the situation. If they can't help, they can probably find someone who can.

Home Page of Labrador Retriever Rescue of East Tennessee

Middle Tennessee Labrador Retriever Rescue - Rescued Dogs Make Great Pets

Labrador Retriever Rescue of Memphis

Labrador Friends of the South

cookiemom is offline Junior Member

I am a fairly new member and I can understand why people are leaving the forum. I came here to learn and get advice and support. I will be leaving as I am tired (thoroughly annoyed is better) of listening to arguing (the administrators are not doing their jobs) and seeing new people be talked to in a condescending fashion. And oh the poor unsuspecting person who just bought a "silver" lab and was foolish enough to join thinking they could share their excitement. What has happened to being kind? Dog shows seemed like a fun activity at one time but if

cookiemom is offline Junior Member

to finish my post, it is too bad that this isn't the place I thought it was and I will go elsewhere.

ZRabbits is offline Senior Member

So sorry to hear cookiemom. Yes, administration is NOT doing anything and allowing certain OLD members to completely run amok, chasing new people away, because maybe a new member doesn't automatically spew their message.

And it's not the people who are in dog shows. This is nothing to do with you having a Silver, a different color. This is a rescue group mentality that is basically ruining this site. Yes, in the past I have seen the argument regarding Silver. I think, no I know (did the research) it's more in breeding silver breeders are finding very serious health concerns popping up in the lines. Bad enough the Labrador has serious health issues because of BAD breeding in the past. Now health tests must be done, and those test are very expensive. But you have breeders out there that will do those tests because of the LOVE of the breed. Breeders want people to enjoy their pups. They are proud of what they do. And the heartache of a new client or person who went to a breeder who didn't care about health checks but wanted a pretty color, brings down the honest breeder.

Don't blame you though. It is tiring, but then again, I've been through this before with ignorant people. And that's just what they are. Not to help, but berate. Hoping you find a nice place to talk about your dog. Wishing you all the luck and fun. Labs are a lovely breed.

KAZ

Dryfo is offline Senior Member

There is no administration here. A company bought out this board awhile back and then kicked everyone out. simple as that. A few people that laid really low remained able to post but there was no point with everyone else gone. After a few months of scanning and editing posts and kicking people out, the administrations disappeared. It's part of their job. This side is part of a big network of "purchased boards" and they do the same to all of them. All they care about is clicks and visits which they still get.

This board and most lab boards are not "rescue centred" but they are "going with a reputable breeder" centred. Meaning, we only support getting puppies from breeders that do all the clearances and prove their dogs. Not back yard breeders and not puppy mills and not clueless people that just want puppies and do no research and put two family pets together. Having said that, we all started somewhere and most (if not all) of us got our first dog(s) from all these places including pet stores so we don'T judge what was done in the past. We just hope education has the members chose better next time.

And because silver labs are not labs, not recognized by the labrador club as a real colour and not a colour permissible in conformation, the breeders therefore cannot prove the dogs in conformation. So, that leaves a few other options and last I checked there was one silver that may have gotten a hunt title. We also don't support mis-education, silver is a new colour introduced in tot he breed not that many years ago (decades after the stud book was closed and the breed was what is is). There are silver owners who are members of these boards and are successful but they don'T go on and on about how special their dog is and often have health and temperament issues they are here to discuss and we help them. T

mauricio is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZRabbits View Post
    So sorry to hear cookiemom. Yes, administration is NOT doing anything and allowing certain OLD members to completely run amok, chasing new people away, because maybe a new member doesn't automatically spew their message.

And it's not the people who are in dog shows. This is nothing to do with you having a Silver, a different color. This is a rescue group mentality that is basically ruining this site. Yes, in the past I have seen the argument regarding Silver. I think, no I know (did the research) it's more in breeding silver breeders are finding very serious health concerns popping up in the lines. Bad enough the Labrador has serious health issues because of BAD breeding in the past. Now health tests must be done, and those test are very expensive. But you have breeders out there that will do those tests because of the LOVE of the breed. Breeders want people to enjoy their pups. They are proud of what they do. And the heartache of a new client or person who went to a breeder who didn't care about health checks but wanted a pretty color, brings down the honest breeder.

Don't blame you though. It is tiring, but then again, I've been through this before with ignorant people. And that's just what they are. Not to help, but berate. Hoping you find a nice place to talk about your dog. Wishing you all the luck and fun. Labs are a lovely breed.

KAZ
    again , rabbits, you have no clue about what you are talking about . i can probably count on one hand, who the members are that you are calling OLD MEMBERS.

and many of "us" are really becoming vocal because you seem to be the JL EXPERT and sadly, it really isn't so.
    you do all the things a board member shouldn't-you call names, you cruise other boards then create a similar thread (why not just stay and answer on the original one?), you pretend to know, to be sweet when in reality the opposite is true. it's ok, to not be an expert on everything. you had a bad experience but that doesn't mean that rescues, shelters and pounds are one, the same, and two, do things the same way. there are good rescues, pita rescues. there are good shelters and no so good shelters. there are good pounds (tho i cant think of one in my area) and there are poor ones. to lump then altogether because YOU had a poor experience is foolish, dangerous and wrong.

there are folks that do rescue, foster, save many an animal and run or help run rescues, and shelters . and run them for nothing . no pay, just to save animals. so really, stop lumping them together and stop giving out wrong information. new members who don't know you from me, from dryfo from kaisdad, may listen and gain the wrong information.

silver, sadly, is not a color of a lab. wanna say it's chocolate, then ok, it's a lab. but a silver lab is a misnomer. doesn't mean we aren't here to help if there is an issue with training, with health or with anything. or just to look at pictures. not everyone here has purebred labs. and that is perfectly fine.
    wanna use a great breeder? great. wanna save a life or rescue or adopt? great. no one better than the other. no judgement should be made.

we learn, hopefully by our mistakes. hopefully.

ZRabbits is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mauricio View Post
    again , rabbits, you have no clue about what you are talking about . i can probably count on one hand, who the members are that you are calling OLD MEMBERS.

and many of "us" are really becoming vocal because you seem to be the JL EXPERT and sadly, it really isn't so.
    you do all the things a board member shouldn't-you call names, you cruise other boards then create a similar thread (why not just stay and answer on the original one?), you pretend to know, to be sweet when in reality the opposite is true. it's ok, to not be an expert on everything. you had a bad experience but that doesn't mean that rescues, shelters and pounds are one, the same, and two, do things the same way. there are good rescues, pita rescues. there are good shelters and no so good shelters. there are good pounds (tho i cant think of one in my area) and there are poor ones. to lump then altogether because YOU had a poor experience is foolish, dangerous and wrong.

there are folks that do rescue, foster, save many an animal and run or help run rescues, and shelters . and run them for nothing . no pay, just to save animals. so really, stop lumping them together and stop giving out wrong information. new members who don't know you from me, from dryfo from kaisdad, may listen and gain the wrong information.

silver, sadly, is not a color of a lab. wanna say it's chocolate, then ok, it's a lab. but a silver lab is a misnomer. doesn't mean we aren't here to help if there is an issue with training, with health or with anything. or just to look at pictures. not everyone here has purebred labs. and that is perfectly fine.
    wanna use a great breeder? great. wanna save a life or rescue or adopt? great. no one better than the other. no judgement should be made.

we learn, hopefully by our mistakes. hopefully.
    YAWN.......same ole same ole.

Oh well, see that this is no longer looked after by an administrators and trolls like this can come on and "look down their noses".

KAZ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast