Help Kovac's Viral Infection 11month Chocolate Lab

Thread: Help Kovac's Viral Infection 11month Chocolate Lab

kovac030@yahoo.com is offline Junior Member

DefaultHelp Kovac's Viral Infection 11month Chocolate Lab

Hi, I am a first time poster on the forums and wasn't sure where exactly this post would be appropriate. If there is a better sub-forum please let me know.

Like I said I am a first time poster here and have a 11 month year old Chocolate Lab named Kovac! He is not a rescue rather one of 9 puppies from my best friends litter. I picked him out at two weeks! He has been my best friend and fishing partner and looking forward to his first duck season this fall!

Unfortunately this summer he came under a viral infection the cause we still are not sure about. Kovac dropped from 75 to 51 pounds in a matter of days. The veterinarians were outstanding (Clint Moore Animal Hospital HIGHLY RECOMMEND in South Florida). Kovac spent a total of 12 days in the animal hospital 8 of them being on a slow drip IV as well as tons of medication. He is home now and slow through recovery with medication required 2-3 times daily as well as additional checkups. Unfortunately, I am a college student working full time and have my student loans tapped out. The vets were amazing and lowered the bill by thousands! The following link below is for his fundraising efforts for medical bills. If you cannot donate please share with friends. Thank You very much! If you have any questions please feel free to pm me!

https://www.giveforward.com/fundrais...infection-fund

Sincerely,

Kovac!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Sorry for your dog's illness and your challenge with paying the bill. This is why I have counseled my college aged sons not to get dogs until they can provide for them financially in case of a medical emergency (or pay for insurance).

You might look into Care Credit (vet should have told you about this) or contact Labrador Life Line to see if they can help you.

Good luck!
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.