Black Lab looking for a good home!!! in Toronto CANADA - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Lab looking for a good home!!! in Toronto CANADA

Tanya is offline Senior Member

i'd recommend trying more than just them, no idea how active they are, don't hear much about them.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dog Paddle is offline Senior Member

This is my dog's father. I was just sick when I saw this thread but unfortunately have confirmed with the breeder that it is indeed the same Quinn. Yes, it is a very strange story. Poor Quinn has been in three homes in the past two weeks. Thank God he is now in Jim's home.

I visited Quinn today. He is sweet and mellow, a lovely dispositioned boy. He gets along well with Jim's two dogs but his arthritis makes it hard for him to keep up to them. He tries though, and then he limps.

I spoke at length with the breeder this morning. I will be happy to answer any questions or PMs I can.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimdiane View Post
    Yes the breeder has been contacted and she said she would take Quin back but I would really like to find a new home for him that would be a little more quiet and peaceful.............she has about 60 dogs.........her hands are pretty full.
    thanx for all your concern and feedback!
    jim
    I commend the OP for helping this dog and I really hope that a forever home is found for him. I also have to say that I find a breeder with SIXTY dogs to be pretty shocking. That's a Labrador factory. She can't possibly be working/titling these animals. No wonder she doesn't keep older dogs into their retirement.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownDog View Post
    I commend the OP for helping this dog and I really hope that a forever home is found for him. I also have to say that I find a breeder with SIXTY dogs to be pretty shocking. That's a Labrador factory. She can't possibly be working/titling these animals. No wonder she doesn't keep older dogs into their retirement.
    Right now, no she is not. She has put obedience and conformation titles on her dogs, dabbed in agility and hunt tests. I don't know how many conformation championships in one year you have to get to win the Breeder of the Year but she did it. Her health guarantee was ahead of the game 20 years ago when we got our first Lab from her and it still was the best one I found 5 years ago when we got our current Lab. She has conducted seminars on grading and structure for judges and has been active on the local owners board. There are a lot of dogs but it's a full time job for her.

Update: Jim and I have been emailing and he has given me permission to say that Quinn may go back to the breeder, sooner than hoped for. Jim hoped to keep Quinn till his work schedule changed but just learned this will happen sooner than he thought and unfortunately if Quinn has not found a home by then he will go back to the breeder. Maybe in two weeks. Jim and I both wish Quinn could stay with Jim. At Jim's house Quinn is closer to a larger population of prospective owners and it would be easier for any to go meet him.

jimdiane is offline Member

Quinn is going back to his breeder tomorrow!!! He will be back with all his old familiar home . Thanx to all for you support and advice!
    thanx
    jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12