:( Need help, so sad

Thread: :( Need help, so sad

Kristopher83 is offline Junior Member

Default:( Need help, so sad

Hey guys,

This is my first post and its a sad one. I have a black lab 3yrs old and sadly i need to find a new home for him. My job requires me to travel a lot and its not fair to him to constantly board him. He is a well trained dog who obeys his commands. He is loving and all in all hes just a big goofball. However he may need a little more socialization as he gets a little timid around new people but is great with other dogs.

We live in Miami, FL so if there is anyone out there that is interested in new addition to the family, and a great addition he would be. Please send me a message.

THANK YOU

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

I'm sorry for your situation.

You should contact and turn your dog over to a reputable rescue who can screen and properly evaluate adopters. It is a bad idea to try to rehome your dog yourself since many can wind up in less than desirable circumstances.

Here is one that services Florida-Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownDog View Post
    I'm sorry for your situation.

You should contact and turn your dog over to a reputable rescue who can screen and properly evaluate adopters. It is a bad idea to try to rehome your dog yourself since many can wind up in less than desirable circumstances.

Here is one that services Florida-Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida
    x100
    I understand it is hard to "let someone else pick your dog's fate" and you feel you can probably do a good job of judging people but it CAN be very hard. People will say whatever they think you want to hear and may have good intentions but things fall thru the crack and many people lie.

A rescue has experience and a process to asess people to ensure his next him is his forver home.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Yes -as unpleasant as it is to think about, you choose the wrong person (who may say all the right things which you can't really verify) and your dog's next stop when the adopter bails/fails could be an animal research facility (happens) or a kill shelter (happens all the time).
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Kristopher83 is offline Junior Member

Very true....

this just plain sucks.

Thank you for the help!!

hayshakerlabs is offline Senior Member

Have you contacted his breeder? Reputable breeders will take their puppies back at any time regardless of circumstance.
    http://www.hayshakerlabs.com/

Sherry, Saedee, Shyloh, Izzy, Thelma, Natalie, Evon,, Gussa & Parody

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

These kind of posts make me so sad...
    Tammy
    Maxx & Emma Jean
    Ozzy - 10/16/02 - 06/28/11 - Always in my heart.

Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go - but learning to start over.

NanM is offline Senior Member
    Conquest, NY--near Syracuse and Lake Ontario.

DefaultCheck out labs4rescue!

I adopted Mardi from Labs4rescue

Labs4rescue, Inc., "Save a Lab, have a friend for life!"

and I am very impressed with how thorough they vetted me. They really contacted my vet and they also sent someone from about 35 miles away to do a home visit face to face with me in the exact place Mardi would be living. I found Mardi on Petfinder and I live in NY. I thought the dog was in CT but once I called the rescue I learned that the rescue is located in CT but Mardi was in Louisiana! No problem, once they decided I could adopt her they organized a transport on a big truck called Rescue Road Trips. I was allowed to contact a tech in the Vet hospital where Mardi was being boarded and we emailed and also talked on the phone. I was sent pictures. Mardi had been a stray and they did everything possible to help me learn about her. The adoption application fee and then the transport fee came to $400 which is some proof that I seriously wanted this dog. They also had a 2 week period in which I could return her if she and I didn't bond or she threatened my cats. I would feel very safe if labs4rescue would agree to take your dog. You seem genuinely concerned for his future safety and happiness and I hope they will take him. If they do, you can be assured that he will find a good home. It would help if you can provide detailed documentation of all current shots, heart worm status, and possible neutering. Mardi came with a clean bill of health but 6 months after I adopted her she became heart worm positive--the disease has a 6 month incubation period. Mardi is being treated and doing well. If you can prove you have had your dog on heart worm preventive for more than 6 months and he currently tests negative it will make him much more adoptable. Good luck!

Nancy