Help Bailey!!! ~Bucks For Bailey~
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Bailey!!! ~Bucks For Bailey~

Dlilly is offline Junior Member

DefaultHelp Bailey!!! ~Bucks For Bailey~

I found a Lab mix in the middle of the road 2 weeks ago. She was starving and scared but she jumped right in the car, curled up on the passenger seat and fell asleep. I thought she was going to die that night so I just sat with her for a long time so she wouldn't be alone. Well, she survived that night and is doing remarkably well. Her name is now Bailey. She loves kids and driving in the car, does well in the crate, is good on a leash, loves spending time with people, is good with other dogs and can fit a whole cat head in her mouth without doing any physical damage to the cat . We can't keep her but we are going to foster her through Atlanta Beagle Rescue until she is healthy and finds a forever home. Bailey is not a Beagle so I told ABR that we would set up a separate account for donations specifically for her care. Here is the link if you would like to help:

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/eKoK7...9a8c716298bf86

If you can't donate, please share this link to all of your friends!! Bailey thanks you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Samson is offline Senior Member

Obviously everyone will make up their own mind but I doubt as a first time poster you will get much of a response. Personally, I need to know somebody first.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

agree with the above, sorry. why isn't the rescue helping with vet bills? Or food?

thank you for saving the dog from the side of the road. Did you bring her to see if she had a chip or someone was looking for her? she may just have gotten away from her people who loved her and want her back. It happens all the time. Did you call animal control or put adds that you found a dog?

If you cannot take care of her please look for rescues in your area that can take her in and care for her (and have her checked by a vet) and find her a good home.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I just googled the rescue you mentioned and it sounds like they set up the foster homes with everything they need (food, collar and leash, vetting) so why exactly do you need money?

What does a foster home pay for?

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Very suspicious first post. And - frankly - it's a stretch to call that pup a Lab mix. I see Pit Bull.

If this is legit, it's nice of you to pick her up and nurse her back to health - but I'm not quite sure why you need a chip in for a dog with no traumatic health issues. She probably just needs standard care to get back to optimal condition.

This feels like a scam to benefit yourself - sorry if that is not your angle - but that is how it comes off.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Garth is offline Registered Users

I did a few basic checks. It's also on FB. It appears to be legit.

To the OP - have you had her checked for a microchip?

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Interesting first post, without the full story as found here Bailey The Stray

I would think if you are asking for donations from strangers you would put more detail about her story? The mange, how skinny and sickly she was when you first found her?

Also interesting link Tanya provided - not sure why donations are necessary for this dog? Sorry if this is legit, but it just seems way too suspicious.

deidra is offline Senior Member

He said in his post that because the dog is not a beagle he was going to set up a different account for her. So probably ask for donations and then the rest of it out of pocket.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

buy why? if the rescue is taking him under their umbrella they would treat him like any other dog. Lots of single breed rescues take in other dogs once in awhile, they are treated no differently. Unless the rescue has only agreed to curtesy post him (i.e. they will not vouch or help with screening but will post him on their site - but I did not see him on their site)

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

DefaultShe's Legit

Well, curiosity got the better of me so I decided to email the Atlanta Beagle Rescue directly to inquire about this case. Here is their response:

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Morgan Skilling <[email protected]> wrote:

Thank you for contacting us about Bailey.

The family that is fostering Bailey is the one that found her. Normally they foster beagles for us but they found this sweet gal by the side of the road - almost on death's door. So this is kind of a hybrid foster situation. We are helping them with a vet discount and with some fund-raising and in helping her eventually find a home, but they are paying for her care out of their own pocket. Hence the request for donations.

We found out today that she is heartworm negative and that her skin condition is a bacterial and yeast infection, not mange. We can't wait for her hair to grow back and see the lovely girl on the outside that we know is on the inside.

--
    Morgan Skilling, President
    Atlanta Beagle Rescue, Inc.
    [email protected]
    AtlantaBeagleRescue.org
    Don't Shop - Adopt!

So perhaps they don't qualify for the full foster program since Bailey is not a Beagle. To get more people on board I'd suggest the OP include a contact person at the Rescue to vouch for them, it does come across as a scam otherwise.

My mama always told me.... you don't know? ASK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast