Mailing in the adoption application and fees today

Thread: Mailing in the adoption application and fees today

DefaultMailing in the adoption application and fees today

We've gone back and forth on the subject of whether or not to bring another dog into our home...forever. It's been about 2 years since our senior dogs passed on and now we have one 21/2 year old. He did (finally) adjust to not having his senior dog pals around, but he so much enjoys having dog company. So after months of thinking about it, we are pursuing adopting an adult Lab male. Please keep us in your thoughts...that we can find the right match. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tigerlily137@hotmail.com is offline Junior Member

Good for you ! I love to hear you want to adopt a adult Lab male. I am doing the same later this month. My Shelby is a Lab/Border collie rescue 15 yrs old now. I saved her as a abandoned pup about 3 mos old at a construction site. She is sleeping alot nowadays and has had 2 strokes. One last Spring and one this year in early February. My vet says her time grows short the next stroke will take her. So my husband and I plan after our son's wedding is over we will a adopt a adult male Lab in need of a home. I wish you all the best !

Rainna & Shelby half Lab love of my life

Carolinagirl is offline Senior Member

How wonderful that you are adopting another Lab. When will you get him?

We are adopting a yellow male this weekend. We have two boys ( 9 & almost 5) who cannot wait for him to get here. It's like waiting for Christmas. Everything he needs is bought....we just need him.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultMeet Yeller, our adopted non-retrieving Retriever

We picked up Yeller, our nonretrieving retriever from his foster home on Sunday. (I'm having trouble uploading pix, but there's a link below.) He's a good boy, but he doesn't much care for retrieving, which is quite a contrast to our super-retriever, Bodie. Yeller is 4 years old, easy going, quiet, but not physically fit. We'll work with him to increase his strength and endurance. He's already trying to keep up with Bodie. He might be a good bird flusher or maybe a "finder". He's just not very quick...he sort of lopes after the retrievable item...then he wants to sit and shred it. But, he's already getting quicker. He tires easily. We think his non-retrieving personality bent is how he ended up homeless. He's from a good breeder, we think because his dew claws are removed. But, he's lacking some basic training like not jumping up, not taking a treat gently, and NOT destroying the retrievable toy/tool. But, he's very trainable is already doing much better with these behaviors. Now that spring weather is here (finally), we'll take him down the road to the lake to practice water retrieves...or just play. More photos and stories are here...
    The Yellow Labradorian: Devoted to the Yellow Labrador Retriever. Stories. Tips. How to's.

Have fun with your new Labbie. They are a gift.

MaryB is offline Junior Member

I am so happy for you and for Yeller. Congratulations!!!

MaryB

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    I am so happy for you and for Yeller. Congratulations!!!

MaryB
    Thank you. He's doing well and our younger Labrador enjoys his company.