Lab rescues
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lab rescues

michaelp is offline Junior Member

DefaultLab rescues

I am new to this forum.

Long story short. We rescued our Yellow Lab and she was the most fantastic, most human, etc. - You know what I mean. We lost her three years ago after battling cancer and to this day we cannot get over it. I can still cry at the drop of a hat.

We are thinking about rescuing another, but there do not seem to be any rescues in the mid-Michigan area. I am even willing to drive to another (close) state. Nothing is too good for a Lab that needs a home.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

I found this link: Purebreed Lab Rescue, Inc. And this one: Central Michigan Labrador Rescue Network, Inc. And another: — Michigan Lab Rescue — ADOPTIONS —*RescueMe.Org

Another: http://www.angelfire.com/mi/michiganlabrescue/index.htm South Eastern Michigan Labrador Rescue another:
    Labrador Links West Michigan Chocolate Lab Rescue

Good luck! I hope some of these links help you. We lost our 12 yr old last May. I still cry over her. We got Sophie in June and she has sure helped us through our grief.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Tanya is offline Senior Member

If you are near any of the boarders you can look at rescues in those states (or even Canada) as well. Try pet finder - always a good source: Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder

Also, look at all breed rescues, they get labs often as well - don't limit your search to just "lab specific" rescues (not saying NOT to look for those as well! just to expand your search)
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

I like Petfinder! Found my Bentley on there Sophies mom gave you good links as well.The link below is of A LOT of labs and lab mixes in the shelters! I know you want a pure bred lab but I fell in love with a lot of them....If only I didn't have 3 dogs already,lol.

Pet Search Results: Adoptable labrador retreiver Pets in Midland, MI: Petfinder
    Last edited by deidra; 01-12-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

michaelp is offline Junior Member

Thank you for the response. I have been in touch with most of these. One no longer accepts dogs, a couple are very difficult to obtain any information from and etc. I guess we were very spoiled by our "Molly". We are really looking for a pure Lab, preferably female, English type , 9 months to 1 1/2 years.

We also have a cat that "we live with". It is actually my daughters cat that came to stay with us for a weekend--- five years ago. I am sure that he will have an issue with anything that we get but I believe that most labs will get along with anything.

We have even gone to breeders- just to look and we have just not found that "connection". We will keep searching and hopefully make the connection. However, my wife hates being dragged on my quest.

This shelter has labs and lab mixes: Pet Search Results: Adoptable Dog Pets in East Hanover, NJ: Petfinder

all breed rescue: Michigan Animal Rescue League

this group is not in michigan but has contacts in various state (and in Canada) - if you find a dog you link they may be able to get them to you: NOLA Lab Rescue

Last Chance Animal Rescue - Howell, Brighton and Flint Michigan

Welcome

keep in mind that it's great to have a specific idea of what you want (I did) but that means it may take longer. ANd very seldomly can they say a dog is purebred unless the papers came with the dog (and they never do!). I got my chocolate lab from Central Michigan Lab Rescue but they seem to have stopped taking in dogs.

and you can be more specific on your location (I just put michigan) but here: Pet Search Results: Adoptable Yellow Labrador Retriever Dog Pets in Midland, MI: Petfinder

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

This is a link to a page that has many lab rescues from many states, and also list Lab clubs.... Labrador Links
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast