HElp!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HElp!

lisaswicklesscandles is offline Junior Member

DefaultHElp!

I am beside myself and still shaking over what just happened. I will copy and past what I wrote elsewhere I minute ago. Please, Please help me find someone to take my Lab, Lady. Please!!
    Help! I need a Lab trainer with no small animals and no kids to take my Lab!
    I do not want my Lab to be killed. She has never hurt any of us. But I need to get rid of her because her and my Pom were not getting along, I tried to break them up but my lab just murdered my sweet little Pom in front of my kids. Please, help me find a place to give her away where she will get the attention she should have gotten from us all along but didn't. I am hysterical at the moment, in shock and guilt ridden. Please help me find a solution that will not cause another dog to be killed. I am beside myself right now and need to find a place to take my 3 year old Lab before my neighbors call animal control and have her killed!
    ~~Host~~BUY~~JOIN~~
    For Safe Scentsy Candles Visit:
    http://LisasForeverWickless.com
    ~BUY~HOST~JOIN~
    Independent Scentsy Consultant~Director

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

google you area for a lab or all breed rescue. don't just give her to the first person who comes by, especially not for free. ESPECIALLY if she is not spayed.

why would the neighbours call animal control on you?
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Is this her only bite/violent incident? If not - you can't really responsibly rehome her. You should contact a behaviorist to get her evaluated - which we cannot do for you over the internet.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

I really can't help but I do want you to know that I'm sorry this has happened to you. I once knew a German Shepherd that killed a little dog. It seemed the dog had just had enough of the yipping and nipping. The owners were devastated as I'm sure you are. Alas, the damage is done. Stop, think and regroup to help you get to the next step. Panic isn't going to help now.
    My sincerest condolences.

Thank you. I can't even look at a picture of my little Pom without crying and sleep is hard because I wake up with the film of what happened in my head. @BigBrownDog, Yes this is her first and only time she has EVER done such a thing. The neighbor has a golden retriever that he never puts on a leash and that dog has charged at me, my kids and ran after a mom and her stroller down the street. My Lab is not like that. I actually spoke today to my vet and they told me if my dog was an aggressive dog, there is no way she would have waited 3 years to kill my pom. They were friends and got along well for 3 years! She said that something must have happened and if Casper didn't submit as the weaker one should do the dominant one at the moment in "dog talk" then Lady would have kept at it. She said that dogs fight sometimes and there are times when this happens and it doesn't mean the Lab is a bad dog. We just don't understand what happened. I am sick over this because my Lab I have had for 3 years, my Pom for 13! This is just so God awful sad, I am sick over it. I don't know what we should do. I do think Lady would be much happier with someone who loves Labs and can give her the time, training and attention that she deserves. She is a good dog and would be a great pet to someone who would give her a better home. I just wouldn't add her to a small animal and if with another dog, another Lab would be good and one that is a male.

Oh and Tanya. The neighbors ran in my back yard when I was screaming and trying to break them up. They then walked my kids to the front door rather than past Lady and my poor dead Casper. Then the one neighbor said " Do you need us to call animal control?". I said no my husband would come home and take care of Casper and I don't need another dog taken to animal control to be killed. He then looks at me and says" Your dog just killed your other dog!!" as if I was crazy and how could I not want the other dog dead. I am sick over this, but I do not think my Lab is a killer dog, I just don't. I wish I could have protected my Pom, I so do. But I don't think killing Lady is the answer.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rayluckgoo View Post
    I really can't help but I do want you to know that I'm sorry this has happened to you. Alas, the damage is done. Stop, think and regroup to help you get to the next step. Panic isn't going to help now.
    My sincerest condolences.
    Agree.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Tanya is offline Senior Member

my suggest still stands - find a rescue. do not just give the lab away to the first person who "seems" like a dog lover. be honest about the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by lisaswicklesscandles View Post
    I said no my husband would come home and take care of Casper and I don't need another dog taken to animal control to be killed. He then looks at me and says" Your dog just killed your other dog!!" as if I was crazy and how could I not want the other dog dead. I am sick over this, but I do not think my Lab is a killer dog, I just don't. I wish I could have protected my Pom, I so do. But I don't think killing Lady is the answer.
    what do you mean "another" dog taken to animal control to be killed?

Lastly, you are not in a positition ot make a decision on if the lab should live or die. as an average owner you do not know how to evaluate a dog and come to such a decision. but i do think the lab should be rehomed. Conact a rescue and a behaviorist who can evaluate the dog and find them an appropriate home.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Joe Maringo is offline Senior Member

Can you tell me where you are located in Ca.?
    Southwest Pennsylvania Retriever Rescue Organization or S.P.A.R.R.O. and Shades Of Grey Senior Sanctuary
    A 501c3 Non Profit Organization.
    Plum, Pa.
    412-795-0163
    website www.sparro.org/

Saving one dog will not change the world But, surely, for that one dog the world will change forever!

I did not mean to say that how I did. I meant I did not need another dog killed. We have never had a dog get taken by animal control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    my suggest still stands - find a rescue. do not just give the lab away to the first person who "seems" like a dog lover. be honest about the situation.

what do you mean "another" dog taken to animal control to be killed?

Lastly, you are not in a positition ot make a decision on if the lab should live or die. as an average owner you do not know how to evaluate a dog and come to such a decision. but i do think the lab should be rehomed. Conact a rescue and a behaviorist who can evaluate the dog and find them an appropriate home.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast