I am also losing my mind

Thread: I am also losing my mind

randrews1379 is offline Junior Member

DefaultI am also losing my mind

I have a yellow lab that is about a year and a half old. My daughter moved out and her boyfriend bought her the dog. That was mistake #1. Then she moved back in and brought the dog with her. Mistake #2 (my wife has asthma). My daughter is not a very good pet owner and I end up taking care of her too much. I would love to find her a new home where she will get the proper care and attention she deserves and needs. She is a beautiful, smart and happy dog. I live in southern New England and I would deliver her for free if I could find the right person. I would hate to bring her to a shelter but I have to take my wife's health into consideration first.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

What kind is it? Have you thought about a rescue not a shelter? I am still trying to understand why your daughter brought the dog with her knowing her mom has a health problem.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

bett is offline Senior Member

i have severe asthma as well, and the only thing that bothers me (everyone is different) is brushing my yellow boy.(well, dog hair bothers me all over the house, but the brushing bothers my breathing)
    if you against keeping the dog and it bothers your wife, call a rescue. please dont bring to a shelter as there are too many dogs needing homes in shelters.and a big dog isnt high on the adoption list.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bett is offline Senior Member

i have severe asthma as well, and the only thing that bothers me (everyone is different) is brushing my yellow boy.(well, dog hair bothers me all over the house, but the brushing bothers my breathing)
    if you against keeping the dog and it bothers your wife, call a rescue. please dont bring to a shelter as there are too many dogs needing homes in shelters.and a big dog isnt high on the adoption list.

My daughter brought the dog home because she didn't want to bring her to a shelter. My wife has too much of a soft spot for animals so she's sacrificing oxygen to keep her out of a shelter. I was unaware of a rescue as an alternative to a shelter. I will look to see if there is one in my area. Thanks!

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Labs4rescue, Inc., "Save a Lab, have a friend for life!"

I'm assuming southern new england means CT? Try this one.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I went to rescueme.org and found a great couple to adopt her.