Two seniors in need
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two seniors in need

Thumbs upTwo seniors in need

The other day my mom visited a nursing home. While entering the facility she notice two beautiful, bouncy, black labs romping in the yard. She approached the owner and he began to sob. He told her that His wife had just died, forcing him to move into the nursing home and that the only family he had left was his two dogs . . . whom the nursing home would not let him keep. He sobbed into her arms as he watched his beautiful dogs for what would be the last time.
    Upon the following visit made by a friend, we learned that Lucy and Belle (the man's black labs) had been removed from his custody and sent to a shelter in Lewistown, PA. He was still sobbing over the loss of "his girls".
    Due to their age, 9 and 11, I fear that the shelter may not give them the proper chance to find a home. Belle and Lucy should stay together, but saving even one of these lives would be enough!!
    PLEASE, consider these two sweet girls for your rescue organization, or next adoption. Lucy and Belle are fun loving and still like to tussel and romp when they get the chance, so please won't YOU give them a chance????
    In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. ~Mahatma Gandhi

Kit (6), Fancy (5), Bella (1.5, goldendoodle)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Joe Maringo is offline Senior Member

Do you have any more info on the location or what shelter the dogs went to? I have tried to search for a pound or shelter in Lewistown but came up empty. Also, there are two Lewistowns in PA, so not even sure where to look.
    Southwest Pennsylvania Retriever Rescue Organization or S.P.A.R.R.O. and Shades Of Grey Senior Sanctuary
    A 501c3 Non Profit Organization.
    Plum, Pa.
    412-795-0163
    website www.sparro.org/

Saving one dog will not change the world But, surely, for that one dog the world will change forever!

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

I too came up empty on searches for Lewistown, PA, rescue/shelter/pound through both Petfinder and 'google'....
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I will get more info
    In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. ~Mahatma Gandhi

dianita is offline Junior Member

I am new to this site and don't know what I'm doing yet. I live in SE Iowa and am looking for a therapy dog for myself and to take to a counseling office. I would like a male black lab. How do I get started? Dianita

murphsmom is offline Senior Member

This truly breaks my heart. I hope someone can find them a perfect home! That poor man!!!!

MurphySullyHogan

i cant get anyone to get back to me on the location of these dogs. Ill keep trying, and hoping for their safety . . .

Tanya is offline Senior Member

hope you find something (find the dogs!) - are there rescues in your area? Soemtimes they have spots for dogs like this (in fact I work with a rescue that specifically heps older dogs and dogs with special needs, though they do balance "younger and healthier" dogs as well.)
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dianita View Post
    I am new to this site and don't know what I'm doing yet. I live in SE Iowa and am looking for a therapy dog for myself and to take to a counseling office. I would like a male black lab. How do I get started? Dianita
    It woudl be best to start a new thread for your question. You can definately rescue a dog to become a therpapy dog (I adopted my boy at 18mts from less than stellar condiditions and he is not a certified therapy dog and we visit a hospital weekend). Or, you can look for a reputable breeder.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Looks like the reason no one got back to me is because someone beat me to the punch! A lab rescue in South Carolina has rescued these two pups, so they are safe!! However, if anyone wants to adopt Lucy and Belle, let me know!

Katie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast