Black lab pup needs a forever home

Thread: Black lab pup needs a forever home

Tandksmommy is offline Junior Member

DefaultBlack lab pup needs a forever home

The puppy I rehomed is being brought back to me.

The adopter failed to tell me that she had an older lab, and cats. While the puppy is good with other dogs, he wants to play and the older lab can't handle it. The puppy has never been around cats before, so he pounced and chased them. She said she tried to train him, but had no luck.

I told her I didn't want him going to a shelter, so now I'm on the hunt for a family for him for the second time.

His name is Remi, and he is a 10 month old black lab. We believe he is pure bred. He's VERY full of energy and in need on training. He will sit, but does not "come" or "stay". He is up to date on all shots and neutered.

He did well with my children, but again- wanted to play and kept knocking down my 2 year old. The kids are afraid of him now.

We had to make the decision whether to keep our yellow lab or Remi- and unfortunately we had to chose the dog we had first since it's so much harder to rehome an adult dog.

If anyone knows someone who may be interested, please have them email me: [email protected]

We are located in northeastern, PA.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

You would be much better off contacting your local Lab rescue group and having them properly clear the adopter. You may think you are more careful - but their experience in doing this trumps your concern.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

jen124 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownDog View Post
    You would be much better off contacting your local Lab rescue group and having them properly clear the adopter. You may think you are more careful - but their experience in doing this trumps your concern.
    I second this. The Rescue I volunteer for does home inspections and fills out in depth paper work. We would always be aware of other animals in the household.
    Jen and the crew!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

I agree, see if there are any rescues around you.

you now see why home visits are important and how difficult it can be to place the dog. People can "sound" great but until you see them interact with the dog in their home (and see other pets, see if hte "fenced yard" is really fenced, etc.). You also see some questions that need to be asked (and I would even go as far as asking if they rent, and if so, did they talk to landlord about getting a pet - you would be surprised!) - stuff like kids, other pets, etc, expectations for the dog...

Bless you for taking him back. Did you get him from a breeder or a rescue yourself? If so can they not take him back (if he is from a breeder, they SHOULD take him back...)
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky