charlie is back at the shelter

Thread: charlie is back at the shelter

lisa is offline Senior Member

Defaultcharlie is back at the shelter

Anyone willing to take in 1 1/2 yellow lab (male). Charlie was surrendered because he was too much to handle, not a cute little puppy anymore. Second adoption..owner had him 1 week, did not have the time. He is in MA at the Swansea, MA animal shelter. Check him out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Oh poor boy! Hope he finds a great forever home real soon! People can be such asshats sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by dipete View Post
    Oh poor boy! Hope he finds a great forever home real soon! People can be such asshats sometimes
    I know...the last guy who had him only kept him one week. That does not even give the poor boy enough time to adjust to a new home. I wish I could take him, but I have 2 cats and my sister, who lives down stairs has 2 cats also and they said he was good with other dogs but would not recommend a home with cats. I hope he finds someone with the time and patience to work with him. They say he is very smart, the owners just never put the time into him, how sad is that. He is a gorgeous yellow lab, they probably went out and purchased him after seeing the movie Marley and Me, but did not stop to think how much work and dedication a puppy is.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    I know...the last guy who had him only kept him one week. That does not even give the poor boy enough time to adjust to a new home. I wish I could take him, but I have 2 cats and my sister, who lives down stairs has 2 cats also and they said he was good with other dogs but would not recommend a home with cats. I hope he finds someone with the time and patience to work with him. They say he is very smart, the owners just never put the time into him, how sad is that. He is a gorgeous yellow lab, they probably went out and purchased him after seeing the movie Marley and Me, but did not stop to think how much work and dedication a puppy is.
    Only one week, how could you possible expect the best to come out in a dog, in one blasted week, idjit doesn't deserve the poor dog

Quote Originally Posted by dipete View Post
    Only one week, how could you possible expect the best to come out in a dog, in one blasted week, idjit doesn't deserve the poor dog
    Some people expect miracles I guess. I am going to see if I can take him for a walk tomorrow, maybe a ride. My hear breaks for him and all the other poor dogs there without a home. Prayers they will all find their forever home soon.

Garth is offline Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    Second adoption..owner had him 1 week, did not have the time.
    So what does that say about that shelter & its adoption screening policy? Surely, one of the 1st questions they should ask is "do you have the time to devote to this dog not just for 1 week but the next 10-15 years?"

If the answer is no, then they should keep weeding them out until they find a decent owner. In the meantime, this poor dog & probably many others don't face a very happy future.

I hope the poor guy finds a loving permanent home soon. I wish I could take him.

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

I hope he finds a good home.

mosmama is offline Senior Member

I hope he finds a loving and caring home.
    Mo
    May 17, 1998 - May 20, 2009

The Love of My Life
    Rest in peace my Sweet Chocolate
    I Love You and Miss You so much

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

LIMO

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    So what does that say about that shelter & its adoption screening policy? Surely, one of the 1st questions they should ask is "do you have the time to devote to this dog not just for 1 week but the next 10-15 years?"

If the answer is no, then they should keep weeding them out until they find a decent owner. In the meantime, this poor dog & probably many others don't face a very happy future.

I hope the poor guy finds a loving permanent home soon. I wish I could take him.
    Maybe he told them he had the time to devote...or he thought he did, some people think taking care of an animal is so easy and then the realize it takes more than expected, especially if they have never owned a dog. Sometimes you can explain your heart away about the hard work and effort that must go into adopting an animal and people just don't get it. I wish he would have given it more time. I went to visit him today, there is another application in for his adoption, hope and pray this family is a forever family.

BeckieLouise is offline Junior Member

poor dog, i would love him... hope he finds a forever home soon...
    people make me angry when they do this, my labrador had 2 previous owners before she got to me, and she got to me just before being aged 1 !! heartless people they are!