Engorged Tick...Yikes...

Thread: Engorged Tick...Yikes...

DefaultEngorged Tick...Yikes...

:surprise:

tonite, i found an engorged tick on Gracie. I have no experience with ticks being a lab mama for the first time in 14 yrs. I had no idea what it was at first. Discovered it when I was playing with her. I called the vet's office and they thought that this is what it was and suggested i get a second opinion so i had my neighbor come over who also have a chocolate lab and he confirmed it and told me what to do and helped me remove it with the head thank god.. and luckily it was a standard dog tick and not a deer tick.. I have no idea how long it was there cuz it was in a weird spot above her right shoulder near the back of the neck area. I am going to go to the vets tomorrow and have them administer frontline dose for me (i have a free dose) and buy some more for her.

Where is the best deal on frontline? Any suggestions would be great..

I was so worried about her but she didn't seem to be bothered by it and even did well when we removed the tick. Such a lil trooper.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sarah is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Engorged Tick...Yikes...

good girl Gracie! that must have been awful finding it and not knowing what it was!! :scare:
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

Snowco Labradors is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Engorged Tick...Yikes...

I can understand your concern since its been so long since you had a pup.

If I found this one tick and no others - I don't live in a high tick area - I would forego the frontline. I don't like using harsh chemicals unless I have to. JMO