Grammy's Pot Pie - DANG IT

Thread: Grammy's Pot Pie - DANG IT

brody is offline Senior Member

DefaultGrammy's Pot Pie - DANG IT

anybody know what change they've made to the formula?
    It's now labelled "for sensitive stomachs - new formula"

it's the only food I've been able to feed Sally EVER (even though rarely) and I'm nervous - I've emailed them but wondering if the folks on here might know

http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Grammy's Pot Pie - DANG IT

Yes they are now extruding their "veggies" in their kibble instead of putting the veggies in. I have no idea what it was like before but I guess they had freeze dried?? veggies in their food. I am told because some dogs had a tendency to pick out the stuff they liked or did not and eat it that they are now extruding it to be like kibble.
    I for one wont touch anything Merrick. I have seen WAY to much of their treat product come IN moldy. Even though it is new and not even close to expire. Chew bones, sausage treats covered in mold.
    Recently there was a femur bone with what looked liked it was loaded with lead shot. I just gave it to my Merrick rep the other day who basically laughed and thought I was joking and they "I" or "WE" (as in my employees) took a soldering iron in our spare time and drilled holes in the bone and filled it with solder. I WAS PO'd.
    I now have as much respect for that company's reps as I do Nutro's.

but as far as them labeling it for sensitive, nothing was said there. Just the kibble change.
    Kim

Thanks - back to the drawing board for me then as I could pick out the veggies that don't sit well with Sally ... I'm so SICK of finding a food that works then the company changing it and it not working anymore...

maybe I've lived with dogs too long ....

I don't have the luxury of feeding any dog commercial treats apart from Mother Hubbard cookies...my treats are either hand made at home or human baby food treats ..but that's interesting about the treats too

anybody know any food that is sweet potato and chicken based only?

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Sorry, can't help with the chicken and sweet potato. We feed Wellness CORE Ocean, and the boys love it. I use the low-cal chicken version as treats, as well as the Wellness treats.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

B.S. ( um before Sally) I had lots of choice and fed Wellness - my guys did really well on it - thanks for the inpout though

Sally reacts to everything she's had but Mackeral and chicken and sweet potatoes and I'm trying really hard not to expose her to anything she hasn't been exposed to yet so I may have some things to try IF she needs something new.

I HATE having to find a new food or HAVING to go back to only cooking for her ... it was so nice to be able to leave a treat ball for her for example.

You might consider going back to the Wellness Core original.....the main ingredients are chicken, turkey, potatoes, and sweet potatoes.
    http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/dog_w..._original.html

Good luck with your food search for Sally!

kaytris is offline Senior Member

well poop on a rope. wonder if a)I'm buying too much food at once (both episodes of vomitting have been at the end of a bag or b)the new method is weirding her out or c)she can't tolerate turkey or duck, which has been the variety I bought the last two times.

Blast it.... guess we'll try wellness or eagle...