now she ate white cotton gloves
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: now she ate white cotton gloves

Defaultnow she ate white cotton gloves

i am my wits end with this one. She threw up her bkfst - was throwing up again this afternoon and threw up what seems to be a white cotton glove. I was able to decipher what it was because I could make out the fingers. I can't find the other glove and can only assume she ate both. My nephew was over a few days ago and was wearing them - cotton like parade gloves (but small) - hopefully this too will pass - either way

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: now she ate white cotton gloves

Quote Originally Posted by moloo
    i am my wits end with this one. She threw up her bkfst - was throwing up again this afternoon and threw up what seems to be a white cotton glove. I was able to decipher what it was because I could make out the fingers. I can't find the other glove and can only assume she ate both. My nephew was over a few days ago and was wearing them - cotton like parade gloves (but small) - hopefully this too will pass - either way
    Has she pooped since this started? I would be very concerned about a blockage. I would not mess around with this but get a vet consult asap.

I know she didn't eat the gloves today and she pooped normally this morning. She hasn't vomitted again since the glove came up so I'm hoping we're ok -

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

everything is good - it looks like we dodged any problem with the gloves - i think the glob she threw up was both - she's pooping normally eating normally and playing normally. We tried to decipher when and how she got them and we think they were in her stomach about 5 days before they came back up. Whew! The vet said she would have been in distress by now but to watch her.

My question is how do I get this dog to stop eating everything and anything she can put in her mouth?

Does anyone have any ideas for me?

thanks!

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Keep her where she can be watched every minute, even if it means tying her to your waist on a leash. Crate her when she can't be watched. It's for her own safety.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

everything is good - it looks like we dodged any problem with the gloves - i think the glob she threw up was both - she's pooping normally eating normally and playing normally. We tried to decipher when and how she got them and we think they were in her stomach about 5 days before they came back up. Whew! The vet said she would have been in distress by now but to watch her.

My question is how do I get this dog to stop eating everything and anything she can put in her mouth?

thanks!
    You also have to be very careful about what you leave lying around.

and what Amazon Gold said is very true - when you cannot interact with her, or keep a very close eye on her, crate her up. She should certainly never be left alone in the house uncrated.

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

thanks!
    Sorry but like the others said...you are going to have to be very vigilant about what you leave lying around and need to keep a close eye on her. Buck is almost 3 now so I dont have to crate him every time I can't keep a close eye on him (he was terrible about getting into EVERYTHING when he was a puppy) but I certainly have to make sure I dont keep small things lying around. He is notorious about swallowing socks, mittens, underwear WHOLE and then horks them up a week later. He has done this a couple times and I was a wreck the whole time. I know better now. He certainly forces me to stop being messy
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

How old is your pup? Might be time to teach "leave it" and "drop it". Of course, those only work if you see her put the object in her mouth.

Be very cognizant of what you have laying around, or within her reach.

If you can't supervise, crate.

thanks everyone! she's 14 mths and this has been an issue from day 1. she's crated when i'm not home and i thought myself extra vigilant in keeping things out of her reach. she's with my mom during the day and I've stressed the importance of leaving her in the kitchen (what I consider our safe room) or in her crate. We go to obedience class we gets plenty of exercise - I just can't seem to break her of this look see and swallow habit. I have no decorations on my Christmas tree and it has a gate aroud it.
    Not taking any chances!

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Yikes, 14 months and she's still doing this? Does she know "leave it"? Who was watching her when she got the gloves?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast