I think Coco has a cold

Thread: I think Coco has a cold

DefaultI think Coco has a cold

My one year old chocolate lab Coco started to sneeze quite a bit yesterday. She seems fine other then all the sneezing, She ate fine and was happy to go to the dog park to play, but last night I noticed quite a bit of discharge around her eyes. I cleaned them up and took a good look at her eyes, they seemed clear and bright. She slept fine all night but had lots of the discharge again this morning and is still sneezing. I won't be able to take her to the vet until tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, or knows what is wrong with her ? Thanks for any advice and happy Thanksgiving !

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I think Coco has a cold

You don't need to take her to the vet unless she has green discharge from her nose...and it's usually thick. That is a sign of respitory infection. Otherwise, it's a cold and it will pass. Keep her away from other dogs. She may start coughing and making hacking noises. That is normal. You can give her regular robotussin for the cough if you want.

But, let it run its course.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

DefaultRe: I think Coco has a cold

Thats kind of what I thought, but I worry about her the same way I do my kids. Thanks for the advice, and making me feel alot better !!