Previcox

Thread: Previcox

Pam
    Pam is offline Senior Member

DefaultPrevicox

If anyone has any input (pros/cons), I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Castaway is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Previcox

Con: for me its very expensve 2 euro one tablet.
    Pro: it makes Riley's Chronic Arthritis bearable, without it she cant raise her head to greet me in the morning, she has constant low level pain and is very stiff and lame sometimes. She is supposed to have it " as required" which is becoming daily.
    https://justlabradors.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic370_1.gif The more people I meet the more I like my dog

Pam
    Pam is offline Senior Member

Thank you so much for your reply. I too found it very expensive. I asked my vet for a prescription and found several reputable places on line that were half the price.
    I hoped I'd get more responses that it helped. But I do thank you for yours.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Castaway is offline Senior Member

Hi
    I know, I made a similar post when I was first prescribed it, I dont think there are many dogs on this board using it. I am getting worried about the fact we are reaching a point where she needs pain relief daily. Was just reading another thread about metacam...In our case there is no easy solution as Riley also had chronic allergies, she has scratched herself all but bald, and the only thing that has helped is steroids; another no no long term...... but on top of that her prognosis is unknown as she has leshmaniasis a nasty , in curable, parasitic disease... so perhaps my choiuces will be made for sifferent reasons to yours. Riley is only 8 but I have reached the point where I feel I have to look at the quality of her life rather than her longevity.

I do think each us has to make our choices dependednt on individual dogs; their general health, age, etc.

Unfortunately a Greek precription is not acceptable to any of the online sites I have tried!
    Good luck.
    https://justlabradors.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic370_1.gif The more people I meet the more I like my dog