Why wait to Spay? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why wait to Spay?

sarah is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Why wait to Spay?

Quote Originally Posted by Castaway
    Yes I am sure she will be physically preparing for her heat, but they do not become too vascular until actually in heat so should not be problem .
    For me crates are not an option. We do not have a crate and she would have to be crated for too many hours a day.
    It will be hard for you to understand but my husband has graduated from having a dog on a short rope outside to guard chickens to progressing to having a pet allowed inside the house. (Intially he would not have a dog in the house). For a rural Greek this is a huge step forward. He likes the dogs well enough, but they are mine, and my problem, he will feed them and let them in and out but little more.
    Sorry i didnt know your situation. As Dani said, maybe it is best to get her done before going to see your mother. Good Luck!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Castaway is offline Senior Member

sarahnye, thanks, I have found myself chewing this over in my mind, for the last month knowing this trip was imminent, hoping fate would take a hand as it often does; ie she may have come in heat now and I could have got it over with before going. It hasnt so talking this through here, I dont think I have much choice. I am happy that at least we have made it 10mths. I wouldnt have been happy to do it earlier.

Dani: I Take slight umbrage at Su being referred to as a nutter, he is from an entirely different cultural background to yours.
    https://justlabradors.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic370_1.gif The more people I meet the more I like my dog

i read everyone's posts here and I too was initially going to take Gracie to be spayed this month (she is 6mos) but I am gonna wait too. She will be 9 months in June so if understand this is when she goes into heat for 3 to 4 weeks? Right? and then you wait how long after that to spay her? 1 yr? (which would be in Sept.)

thanks everyone!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Castaway is offline Senior Member

Just to update you, I had an emergency call back to visit my mother and Checka had just come in heat! I have a GREAT friend who kept Cheka safe for me so we got through the heat and I am going to wait till April to Spay so it will be heat + 3 months for me after all. I have to say i feel better about it being that way. As i said fate as a weird way of taking control sometimes.
    https://justlabradors.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic370_1.gif The more people I meet the more I like my dog

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123