Just started to limp?

Thread: Just started to limp?

DefaultJust started to limp?

So my yellow lab, Buckley, just turned 6, hes right around 100 lbs and was hit by a car when he was maybe 1 year old. Hes got a plate in his right leg with 6 screws in it. But today when we went to the park and he did his run around he darted out of the car towards another dog. Later in the night he got up and was limping on it and trying not to put an ounce of pressure on it. Even later he went out for his final walk of the night and seemed to be walking pretty decent. He laid down for a little while i watched tv and than he got up and once again limped and couldnt get up the steps. If hes not ok in the morning ill definitlyy worry even more. But even if its just a tonight thing think its anything to worry about? Like maybe was it a pulled muscle or is it something should be worried about for future reference considering its the bad leg?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

DefaultRe: Just started to limp?

Quote Originally Posted by cory21
    Like maybe was it a pulled muscle or is it something should be worried about for future reference considering its the bad leg?
    Considering his bad leg is even more reason why IMO you should get him checked out by a vet ASAP. Think of it this way. If it were you, would you put up with it without at least taking a couple of pain killers or would you go to a doctor? I think I know which one of those options you'd take.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Just started to limp?

I'd also get him checked out. Better safe than sorry.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!