bladder infection??? what are signs?

Thread: bladder infection??? what are signs?

Defaultbladder infection??? what are signs?

Hi,

My 6.5 year old black lab Raven has been really hesitant and picky when finding a spot to go pee over the last 2 days - this is abnormal for her. I'm wondering if it's a result of some peeing infection. She has never had one before, so I'm not sure what the symptoms are.

Outside of obvious discomfort when trying to pee, for those of you whose dogs have had bladder infections - what were the symptoms you saw before deciding to take them in to the vet?

Thanks in advance!

tanya

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

millstonekennel is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: bladder infection??? what are signs?

Drinking a lot of water, peeing more, accidents in the house those are usually the main things.
    Alicia

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by millstonekennel
    Drinking a lot of water, peeing more, accidents in the house those are usually the main things.
    I agreee, and sometimes licking themselves more. The couple of times Sammi had uti's she also had vaginitis, so the area outside was also red and swollen! Hope your pup is feeling better real soon! Di

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

I had to rush our Golden to the vet on FRI...she was making a horrible noise when trying to go. She wouldn't eat. Our first reaction was that she had a blockage in her bowels. The vet checked her(fecal) and put her on antibiotics. When we got back home she was still in pain, and finally drank some water but it came right back out.

Well come to find out she had an UTI. I felt so bad for her..she would try to go pee every few minutes and it went on for about 4 days. She is still on her pills but is much better!!

Good luck

Snowco Labradors is offline Senior Member

Signs have already been given.

It is best to collect a urine sample for testing first thing in the a.m. before food or water and in mid stream.

If I have to give an antibiotic for a UTI I also give live organism probiotics 2-3 hours away from antib. and continue with probio. after antib. are finished - important to put good bacteria back into the system that the antib. killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowco Labradors
    Signs have already been given.

It is best to collect a urine sample for testing first thing in the a.m. before food or water and in mid stream.

If I have to give an antibiotic for a UTI I also give live organism probiotics 2-3 hours away from antib. and continue with probio. after antib. are finished - important to put good bacteria back into the system that the antib. killed off.
    I do this by giving Oona a tablespoon of yogurt once a day in her food.
    Olie