Why can't I find Proplan Selects Chicken
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why can't I find Proplan Selects Chicken

DefaultWhy can't I find Proplan Selects Chicken

hi! I switched my 1 yr old from PP to PP Selects since the change to shredded (tried Wellness but did not work out too well).
    My problem is it is very hard to find. Both Petco's in my area have not had the chicken version in over a week. I tried a smaller pet store today and they had every brand imagineable including Proplan but not the Selects.

Is this brand normally hard to find? Thought i'd ask because if that is the case I might consider something else.

thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Why can't I find Proplan Selects Chicken

I see the Turkey most often in our stores too.

Laura

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

I considered the PP Selects Chicken but I am going back to Diamond.
    Diamond now has their Diamond Naturals line and a Chicken and Rice formula. It's first two ingredients read Chicken and Chicken Meal (followed by whole grain brown rice, white rice, cracked pearled barley)

PP Nat C/R reads Chicken, brown rice, corn gluten meal, pearled barley, chicken meal

No corn in the Diamond. I found it misleading on the PP site for selects when I read it said no corn and then the third ingredient is "corn gluten"...

And it is half the price and you get 40lbs as to 30lbs.
    I also really liked that they now have a Natural corn-free, wheat-free Performance food. I like PP Performance but really it is just a bunch of corn. Corn gluten, corn bran, whole corn.
    Now I am not a corn snob. I do not mind corn in my dogs food at all but when I can pay less for what I am feeling is a better quality food based on guaranteed analysis and ingredients I am all for it. Why pay $43 for a 37.5 when it is basically made up of corn. I am paying for a lot of corn there.
    The price of the Diamond Extreme Athlete is about $10 less and a 40# bag.

We do not stock either of these foods anywhere but I am ordering them in.

****please know that if you do want to keep feeding the PP Selects you can still have them order in what you want. If they stock PP Selects but not your flavor, they an order it****
    Kim

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kim, according to a couple of Purina reps, the regular non-shredded foods are coming back.

Laura

But I still wonder about the formula. They say the kibble has not changed just the shreds. But yet I cannot get coat back on Gryph for the life of me.
    He looks really bad. I had not thought about it until more recently that maybe there has been a slight change. Enough to make this physical difference. He had his spring blowout, then late this summer she was still at it. He is still dropping coat with no signs of growing any back.
    I hate to make the switch, but right now I don't see any other option
    Kim

I put 3 of mine on the Exceed (from Sam's Club) Seamus and Teddie have great coats. Jake, not so much. Maybe it's a black male thing. LOL

Laura

Kinderwood is offline Senior Member

They are bringing back the original C&R in the 37.5# bag only, according to an email from the Pro Club that is circulating...
    Darcy Litzinger
    Kinderwood Labradors
    Piper, Faith, Mocha & Pink

In Loving Memory:

HIT UCD Bel Air Blue Chip Of Kinderwood CD RE JH CGC "Blue" 06/25/06-04/26/10

Thanks for the info! I hate being on this food change roller coaster. Let me just find a food that works, that's good for my dog and that's readily available..not too much to ask I would think - Off the Petsmart at lunchtime to see if they have it

OK - struck out at Petsmart - no chicken

Let me ask you a question. Can I switch AGAIN to a food I can find? She was on PP, switched to Wellness (itches), switched to PPSelects (cant find)...Can I switch her again so soon?

If you like PP Selects Chicken and they carry the other formulas ask them to order you in the bags.
    Kim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast