vomiting in her create?

Thread: vomiting in her create?

Defaultvomiting in her create?

I have been lurking around the forum since 2006 and for the most part Katie has always been healthy, she fit, lean and never been sick before. Any way I am a little worried about her it started about 3 days ago,

Day 1 - at about 4:00 AM she woke me up by vomiting in her create. I took her out and she ate a lot of grass and vomited again; no other noticeable problems that day.

Day 2- at about 3:30 AM she woke me up by vomiting in her create again. I took her out and she ate a lot of grass and vomited again, then when she was back in the create she wined to get out, so I took her out again she vomited again at this time I thought I better see if she is able to defecate, she was able to and shortly after we went back to bed. Everything seemed ok that day, she ate, and looked healthy, etcÖThe only thing that seemed odd to me is she did not defecate again until just before going to bed at 11:00 PM.

Day 3- She didnít wake me this time but when I got up at 8:00 AM there was a small amount of vomit in here crate, I took her out she went to the bathroom ate a little grass, but did not vomit again and she looks healthy, and is eating.

Iím thinking she is just not feeling well or maybe she ate something that canít digest and is sitting in her stomach, and she is trying to vomit it up? Do you think I should take her to the vet, what do you all think?

Thanks,

Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: vomiting in her create?

Is she actually throwing anything up or is it just bile (yellow foam/liquid)?? If it's the later, she might just have an empty stomach. Give her a couple good size cookies/biscuits/treats/piece of bread right before bed and that should help. One of mine occasionally gets empty stomach syndrome and a couple days of bedtime cookies fixes the problem everytime. I hope that'll do the trick for you too!

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

I thought the same thing. If it is just bile it is probably just an empty stomach. My boy went through this as a pup and even now he does not do well if his tummy stays empty for too long.
    As a pup I kept a little bowl of kibble next to the bed and when I felt him stir in the middle of the night I would feed him a little hand full.
    Kim

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

She was actually throwing up what was left of her dinner in the crate, but with the grass it was just bile :vomit:, but today she seems to be well, no vomit and she went right out this morning and went potty. I guess I will just keep an eye on her and see what happens.

Thanks for the tips though

justine is offline Senior Member

Hmm.. I know that sometimes dogs eat grass when their stomachs are irritated, but the bedtime snack is at least worth a try!

Good luck!!

What is your feeding schedule?

If she is throwing up at 3 am and that is many hours after she has eaten, I think she needs to be examined by her vet. Something is up with this happening 3 consecutive days.

Sorry for the late reply... but she is fine, right after this post she stopped throwing up. I did however find a half eaten pencil (part with the eraser) in my sonís room, so I suspect that might have had something to do with it.