virus? diarrhea!

Thread: virus? diarrhea!

kepinkham is offline Junior Member

Defaultvirus? diarrhea!

Last week one of our two labs had diarrhea, our thought was that they were overeating (we have since removed the automatic feeder) and not drinking enough water. Now the one lab no longer has diarrhea, but the other does. I came home today, thinking I could smell an accident.. but instead she held it and was just farting! She immediately went outside and relieved herself.

Other than the diarrhea she seems to be acting like her normal self. Could this be some kind of virus that passed on to one another?

How long should I wait before contacting the vet? Or what serious symptoms should I look for?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: virus? diarrhea!

Diarrhea is a symptom. If it goes on more than 24 hours, it's time to see the vet.

Laura

justine is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: virus? diarrhea!

If it was passed from one dog to another it could be some sort of parasite, which the vet could test for. Could have also just been something they ate.. a plant outside or something like that.

Ditto waiting a bit but if it keeps up past a day, I would check with a vet.. Try to get stool samples for each of them because the vet will most likely want to test that.

Good luck.. I hope you figure out what it was... !