Emma has a drs appt on Friday (UPDATE)

Thread: Emma has a drs appt on Friday (UPDATE)

DefaultEmma has a drs appt on Friday (UPDATE)

She has bumps on her ears now I am thinking it is allergy related as her eyes are a bit red around the rims as well I talked to the vet tonight and he said to try switching her food..which we have been gradually switching from Summit over to the Pro Plan (so far no change in her ears).

Her appt is at 5pm on Friday.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sarah is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Emma has a drs appt on Friday

How long have you been switching her for? We switched Milly off her first brand of food due to excessive dandruff/dry skin and it took about 2 weeks after the initial slowly introducing new food to old food transition before we really noticed a good improvement.

I hope your little girl will show improvements soon!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

She has been 'transitioning' from Summit to Pro so has actually only been on the Pro for three days.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Are you switching because of this problem or did you start the switch before it started? If you started it before I would go back to what you were feeding prior to the problem. If it was after I think I would still stop the switch and deal with this first so you can tell for sure that any other problems are from whatever this problem is and not the food change.

I switched because of the food....I noticed her ears and figured there was something up. Talked with the breeder and she mentioned one of her dogs also has troubles with Summit and to try switching foods. I am taking Emma into the "drs" just in case its not just allergies (ie - mites or something else). I am fairly certain its allergies as her eyes are pink around the rims as well.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I hope Emma feels better. Hope the new food helps.

Well I am glad I took Emma in....she does have a bacterial infection so she had her ears flushed and is on Surolan 2x a day (6 drops each ear). I also dropped off a stool sample to check to see how her deworming is going - he suggested another round of Drontal.

She weighs 12lbs :embarrass: 8 wks (she was 8.12 on her Sept 23rd 6wk checkup).

He did recommend keeping her on the Pro Plan and see how the food works for her over the next four weeks or so.