Finally found a ear cleaning solution that works!

Thread: Finally found a ear cleaning solution that works!

DefaultFinally found a ear cleaning solution that works!

My yellow lab CJ is 10 1/2. He has had ear infections on & off his whole life. He doesn't swim very often & we are very careful with he gets a bath. The vets have just said "he is just one of those dogs that will always have ear problems." The poor guy was always scratching & shaking his head, not to mention the smell....
    We were given countless ears wipes,washes, and ointments, NON worked. Finally after hours of digging on line one day my husband comes across a cocker spaniel site that spoke about ear problems. They listed a home remedy. We figured we tried all the vets "cures" why not give this a shot. We worried about one of the ingred. but spoke with the vet & his said it was OK (boric acid). I kid you not when I say within one week of washing his ears with this....EAR INFECTION GONE!!!! We started it in May once a day and have only had to wash them again once in Aug. Dirty ears-GONE SMELL-GONE TWITCHY HEAD-GONE!!! Here is the link to the site.....Hope it helps some others!!
    http://www.zimfamilycockers.com/EarCleaner.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Finally found a ear cleaning solution that works!

oh yes this works awesome...have used it for rescue dogs for years

I have my male lab that tends to get yeast infections easily in one ear. I have used a boric acid and witch hazel solution now for awhile and it soothes and clears them up really fast.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Ditto here...we use a solution of witch hazel, boric acid with some tea tree oil and it seems to clear up red ears and ear funk within a day or so.