when should i expect to see signs of pregnancy
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: when should i expect to see signs of pregnancy

mistonia is offline Senior Member

Defaultwhen should i expect to see signs of pregnancy

its been over three weeks since bonnie was served with the dog, when should i start and see signs. the first two weeks she started eating more then she started sleeping more and gain weight but over the last week shes not really been eating and lost weight and acting completely normal. her teats have thickened but shes lost all the weight she gained and not looking the slightest bit pregnant. Ahe has to go to the vets on tuesday was gonna ask the vet if they can feel anypups or that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: when should i expect to see signs of pregnancy

wait, you bred your not even 2 year old dog....why?
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Did you run progesterones so that you knew when/if she ovulated? 3wks is usually too soon to really see anything, but you can schedule an ultrasound or run a blood test to find out if she took. Does she have hip/elbow/eye/heart clearances? How about the sire?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mistonia is offline Senior Member

the sire has had all the mentioned done, and his hip score was over 8. bonnies parents were both done and shes been booked in to get her xrays ect done was chatting to the vet in june about her and we will have her done after the pups are born but i don't think their will be any problem, as many of her full brothers and sisters have been done and got clear and good hip scores. The vet gave her a good health check in june and checked her eyes, heart, lungs, vaccinated her, for her normal and kennle cough, wormed, and spot on, asked her about breeding ect and gave her a good bill of health. She did have the cystitis problem as a pup but we think it was the fact that when she was a pup she was fed adult food and it was too strong for her, cause since we have put her on a food suitable from 8 weeks old never had a problem. dani she will be two before the pups are born, shes two begin next month, shes had a few seasons as well we never bred on her first season, and alot of people including the vet said its a good time to have a first litter, as we might be spaying her after them(not 100% sure), we won't do what we did with our first lab and get her spayed with out a litter she had loads of hormone probs ect from it, and we thought if she was having any litter they would be pedigree.

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

I was going to go make myself some popcorn and just sit back and follow the responses, but can't resist commenting.

Hip score over 8? Assuming this is the British system, the lower the number the better, right (like 0:0 being the best)? How about elbows? Heart? Annual (since puppy) CERF or perhaps the new RD gene test if we missed the puppy CERF,esp? How about CNM? EIC? They are significant concerns in the breed that should be addressed.

Sorry, but I've got a 23 mo old here too who is probably more mature physically than any of my others have ever been at that age, but..... you have NO real idea what you've got until you've done the breeding clearances/genetic testing and accomplished some real competition with them (oh, mine has 2 performance titles already and will be starting/adding to #3 and 4 in a few days). It's pretty tough to even select a mate at less than 2 yo unless you have a heck of alot of information and experience on the lines (and considering the question you asked, my guess is that is a "no").

I'd not touch a pup w/ a 10' pole out of an uncleared parent, I don't care what the background is. HD and OCD, etc, are polygenetic and can pop up even out of 5 gen cleared! Good luck.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

millstonekennel is offline Senior Member

Hip score over 8
    On what rating systom? A hip score of over 8 on the BVA systom can be as high as 106 not good.
    i don't think their will be any problem, as many of her full brothers and sisters have been done and got clear and good hip scores.
    Problems happen one of my pups has a subluxated hip. He is out of both parnets ofa excellent and a pedgree with ofa dogs all in it and offsprings of those dogs ofa'd. He is neutered.

http://clubs.akc.org/ohca/hip-scores.html
    Alicia

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

we won't do what we did with our first lab and get her spayed with out a litter
    You meant to say "spayed without going through a season first" - right?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

labby is offline Senior Member

good grief. I swear the clueless people wanting to breed are coming out of the woodwork lately.

Laura

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

To answer your question, for the sake of the breed, hopefully never.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Dani is offline Senior Member

good lord..that is all I am going to say about that....I've written and erased a thousand times, and just can't find any post that doesn't make me want to throttle someone. Have a good day.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast