9 week old fell, now limping

Thread: 9 week old fell, now limping

stephanie79 is offline Junior Member

Default9 week old fell, now limping

We have a 9 week old yellow lab. This morning she went over and bit my 8 month old (playing, of course). My husband said she wouldn't let go of my daughters clothes, so he pushed Emmie (the pup) away fast since our daughter was screaming, and she fell onto her right side. She started yelping so loud, it was horrendous. I picked her up immediately, and within a minute (the longest minute ever) she stopped. I held her for a few minutes, put her down, and continued to limp on her front right paw. I've massaged it, and haven't found any tender spots on her. I have put her in the crate to rest. Our vet is closed, and I don't know what to do. She doesn't seem in any pain, but I'm worried.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...
    Steph

ETA: It's been about 1.5 hours. She's spent 45 minutes in her crate when she cried to go outside. She limped, but seemed OK, she attempted to run after our 5 year old lab without difficulty. When she stopped, she continued to limp on the leg.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: 9 week old fell, now limping

Rest her for today and take her to the vet tomorrow.

Laura

imported_queenofthedogs is offline Senior Member

don't have any advice, except see your vet...but for the future, can you consider keeping pup on a leash even inside the house, when kids are around? because that 'biting' behavior is perfectly normal, and pretty constant, too.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

stephanie79 is offline Junior Member

Yep, Emmie has been GREAT with the nipping, especially around the kids. My 2 year old says "No biting" and she stops. My 9 month old however cannot, but Emmie has been getting better with her. It happens...