Love em....too much?????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love em....too much?????

Tinat1 is offline Senior Member

DefaultLove em....too much?????

Okay, I'm not complaining, just stating a few facts.
    I do not go on long day trips anywhere because I don't want to leave them.
    I run them to the vet over everything.
    I watch out the windows when they are outside playing all day which drives my husband crazy.
    I set with them in the barn during storms because their scared.
    I feel guilty and take them to the lake whenever it is hot, even if I don't feel good.
    I have more pictures of them then my family (human family)lol
    I don't mow out in front of our property very often because I have to put them up and I feel bad doing that.
    I don't have company over because it takes away from our dog routine.

I don't know.....does this sound normal?????

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_abbigailsmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Love em....too much?????

HAHA Sounds about right to me..
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/abbigailsmom/?action=view&amp;current=ABBIE23mos.jpg&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/abbigailsmom/ABBIE23mos.jpg&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; alt=&quot;Photobucket&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;<br />10/06/05

Sorry guys I started sharing this and realized I should have been on lab chat :embarrass:
    Anyway, it's kinda of a health issue (for me).

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Sounds normal to me!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

Callaway is offline Senior Member

Sounds about right. There are alot of things I dont do now because it messes up thier routine. But I wouldnt have it any other way.

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

sarah is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogey 1
    Sounds about right. There are alot of things I dont do now because it messes up thier routine. But I wouldnt have it any other way.

ditto that! and those people who say to me "but it's just a dog" > > >
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

Callaway is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnye
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogey 1

ditto that! and those people who say to me "but it's just a dog" > > >
    Oooooo, that phrase just burns me!

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Okay, I'm not complaining, just stating a few facts.
    I do not go on long day trips anywhere because I don't want to leave them.
    I run them to the vet over everything.
    To what extent do you find a significant disorder that needs treatment and to what extent is this mainly to relieve your anxiety? Reading (when indicated) a copy of Giffin & Carlson's "Dog Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook" might save a lot of money and lead to more appropriate vet usage.

I watch out the windows when they are outside playing all day which drives my husband crazy.
    When one's behavior tends to place more value on how you treat a dog than how you treat a human, something -- for some reason or other -- is out of kilter. Whenever there's a "one at the expense of another" situation, something is wrong and deserves examination and readjustment. Our pets deserve our concern and attention. Our significant human relationships do as well.

I set with them in the barn during storms because their scared.
    I see nothing wrong with this (providing it's not interfering with your relation with your significant others AND providing you're not contributing to their greater anxiety by trying to comfort them. There ARE behavioral techniques you could use to reduce their anxiety; wouldn't that be better?

I feel guilty and take them to the lake whenever it is hot, even if I don't feel good.
    Again, why must you follow a "one at the expense of another" rule? Is not your condition and that of your husband as important and those of your dogs? What would your situation be if you had children? Would the condition of the dogs be more important than them? Isn't there some wise judgment needed in assessing the needs and continued health of the caretaker as well as those she's/he's taking care of? To what extent are YOU fostering your perception of their neediness possibly as a way of pushing away a closer relationship with a person?

I have more pictures of them then my family (human family)lol
    If this indicates you have a preference for your relationships with dogs to that of your family then I think you have some significant problems with your family that would be very useful for you to understand and resolve.

I don't mow out in front of our property very often because I have to put them up and I feel bad doing that.
    Does this cause problems? Say with neighbors? If you don't mow, who has to? Who suffers? What's the cost you're exacting on whom by not doing this?

I don't have company over because it takes away from our dog routine.
    As I said before: When one's behavior tends to place more value on how you treat a dog than on how you treat a human, then something -- for some reason or other -- is out of kilter. Whenever there's a "one at the expense of another" situation, something is wrong and deserves examination and readjustment.

I don't know.....does this sound normal?
    No, not at all, for the reasons stated above. I'm glad you asked.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Bob, I appreciate everything you said and have to agree with most. Since my husband is a work-aholic and is saving money not having to go on vacations because of the love I have for my dogs, and my only child is in college and I am suffering from empty nest syndrome, I suppose there will be no hope for me and all my dog hang ups. :no:

I would say to most people not to get to the point that I'm at, but I say to myself.....Thank God for my dogs

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Bob, I appreciate everything you said and have to agree with most

I sent you a PM.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast