Broken Tooth :- (
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken Tooth :- (

imported_Top Of The Hill is offline Senior Member

DefaultBroken Tooth :- (

I just noticed that Dee has a broken tooth. It's one of her little front upper teeth and about half the tooth is gone. I can't imagine how she could have done it (teeth are pretty hard), but I feel so bad. She has beautiful white perfect teeth. :'( She doesn't seem to be in any pain whatsoever, is eating fine etc. I'm not sure what to do about it. Anyone else had this happen? Would it likely cause her any problem/discomfort?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sarah is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Broken Tooth :- (

poor Dee! How old is she?
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Maddy has a chipped incisor. Broke it diving for a bumper. It's been fine for about 2 years. I check it and the gums routinely but no need to see a vet based on the way it looks.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnye
    poor Dee! How old is she?
    I know. I wish I knew how she did it. She's only four.

Quote Originally Posted by CYNLABS
    Maddy has a chipped incisor. Broke it diving for a bumper. It's been fine for about 2 years. I check it and the gums routinely but no need to see a vet based on the way it looks.
    This is such a tiny tooth to start with, but it looks like at least half the tooth is gone. I'm going to try and have a better look when she's tired and not so fidgetty. I'm not sure if that much being broken would expose the inside of the tooth. She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort whatsoever....even when she eats a dog cookie. I hope it doesn't need pulling. She has beautiful teeth....no tartar or anything.

TimC. is offline Senior Member

Oona lost two teeth last year they were molars that she snapped off at the root. I had them removed because I didn't want her to have problems later and it had to have worked because she was her old self within a week.

Tim

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Mata crashed an agility jump last fall, and shortly thereafter, I found she had broken an incisor near the root! She was only 2.5 then, but it hasn't been any trouble for her. I'd just keep an eye on it. The main ones to worry about are the canines and molars functionally, but infection can occur whereever. One of my hrt training friend's labs also broke an incisor while at the pro's, and she's been fine too. Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

I'm glad to hear that most of the broken teeth haven't caused any problems. I'm going to get my Vet to have a glance, but I'm hoping we don't need to do anything....except keep an eye on it just in case. It's such a tiny tooth, but I got a better look at it and I'd say over half the tooth is gone. When I called the Vet they said if she wasn't showing any signs of being in pain (or off her food) it was likely okay, but it would take a lot to put her off eating and I'll feel better if the Vet looks at it!

If you do decide to have it removed that is a good time to have the teeth cleaned.
    Olie

Quote Originally Posted by Oonas Dad
    If you do decide to have it removed that is a good time to have the teeth cleaned.
    Olie
    It still doesn't seem to be bothering her at all, but I'm taking her in to my Vet on Wednesday afternoon so I'll see what he says. That's a good idea though; although her teeth are beautiful pearly white. If there's any tartar it's very minimal. I imagine there could be a bit on her back teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Of The Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Oonas Dad
    Olie
    It still doesn't seem to be bothering her at all, but I'm taking her in to my Vet on Wednesday afternoon so I'll see what he says. That's a good idea though; although her teeth are beautiful pearly white. If there's any tartar it's very minimal. I imagine there could be a bit on her back teeth.
    This breed is very tough. Oona sheared off the the tooth at the gum line. She never made a peep and it didn't stop her from eating. The only reason I found it is we were at the vet the next day for her annual visit and I saw it when she was panting. (She doesn't like the vet's office.)
    Olie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast