Breathing Problems

Thread: Breathing Problems

Manda Leigh is offline Junior Member

DefaultBreathing Problems

My Lab sometimes has what seems to be mini asthma attacks. It's only happend twice, lasted about 1 minute each, but within an hour of eachother. My sister's chihuahua has the same thing, but happens more often though. But of course neither one of us have been able to get help at the vet because the doggies won't do it at the vet... :whatever: But it is just labored breathing in, out doesn't seem to be problem. And at first my husband thought he had something caught in his throat, but it was not a cough, though. Like I said, only lasts a minute or so, but it is scary! I just sit with him and calm him, then he is okay... Anyone have any experience with anything like this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_kiddsmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Breathing Problems

Sounds like a reverse sneeze. Do a search and a bunch of stuff will come up. It's nothing serious, sounds worse than it really is.
    <br />Oregon

Callaway is offline Senior Member

Bogey does it every now and then. Kinda like hes breathing fast and loud? I freaked the first time he did it. Poor guy, I thought he was choaking, I had his mouth open checking it all out. I dont think its anything to be worried about.

Courtney, Bogey and Calli

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Manda Leigh is offline Junior Member

Thanks for easing my fears! :educated:

Garth is offline Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by kiddsmom
    Sounds like a reverse sneeze. Do a search and a bunch of stuff will come up. It's nothing serious, sounds worse than it really is.
    That's what I was thinking too. Go here & watch a couple of these videos & tell us if it's the same thing :

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

IF it is, the way to stop it is to cover the dogs nostrils with your finger for a few seconds which forces him to breath out of his mouth. Most dogs don't like it so you'll have to hold his head while you do it. As soon as the dog starts breathing out of his mouth, you can stop because he's just cleared the airways.

This is almost a daily occurrence with Pugs so I've had plenty of practice. :educated:

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

How old? Laryngeal paralysis is common to older Labs.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014