Weird Dry Patches on Elbows

Thread: Weird Dry Patches on Elbows

oneeyedmutt is offline Member

DefaultWeird Dry Patches on Elbows

Off and on, Polly has had tiny patches of dry skin on one of her "elbows." Lately, they've seemed to multiply. There are now several on one front elbow, one or two on the other, and one forming on one of her back leg joints. They are very small spots, and their main characteristic seems to be rough, dry skin with a little hair loss. They are not bald spots, and none of them seem red or irritated, except one, which looks a bit like a healed scab. She doesn't fuss with them, so they don't seem to be bothering her. What are these spots, and are they normal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Weird Dry Patches on Elbows

Try this site, and see if it is what you are describing. My Hoss has started to develop them and he has nice dog beds.

http://www.sidyboysfoolin.com/Health/ElbowCalluses.html
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

imported_ChowHound is offline Senior Member

If it's elbow calluses, I found that applying Bag Balm once a day helped. I discovered the beginnings of one (just rough, no baldness) on Shelby and started with the bag balm right away. It went away.

Shelby also has 3 dog beds (yeah, I know, spoiled!) but she lays on our hardwoods a lot too because it's cooler. Anyway, I'd give Bag Balm a try.
    <br />~ Laurie &amp; Shelby ~

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

alliegator is offline Junior Member

Allie has them also, hers are from laying on the hard plastic bottom of her crate. We'll be getting a Primo pad for her crate in September to help prevent more and let the ones she has heal. Balm works really well to help them disappear.