Anxiety and intestinal bleed

Thread: Anxiety and intestinal bleed

Charliesmom is offline Member

DefaultAnxiety and intestinal bleed

Does anyone have any experience with a dog that has intestinal bleeds. Mine has had them on and off since Dec. It doesn't seem to be linked to anything he eats. He's on Orijen food which is hypoallergenic. He responds really well to an acute care digestive powder with probiotics and digestive enzymes. He suffers from separation anxiety and since I've been on holidays, it has become worse. I don't have the $1000 to have his gi tract scoped. The vet has ordered in a Chinese herbal remedy for intestines and then we'll tackle the anxiety. Would appreciate hearing anyone else's experience with this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Anxiety and intestinal bleed

Kaylie used to have stress induced colitis... basically a stable non-abusive home and, for several years, a home-prepared raw diet gave her gut time to heal. Now she's doing fine on a sensitive stomach chick/oatmeal formula.

Thanks for your response. Right now we're dealing with vomiting and really watery stools. He seems fine but has lost interest in his nightly walks. I think maybe he's bored with the routine so I'll try to take him somewhere else. Mix it up a bit. I'm trying to give him just a 1/2 cup of kibble at a time, an hour apart. I don't know how long it takes for his stomach to process it. What brand of food is that sensitive stomach food?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Nutro Sensitive stomach chicken and oatmeal

skippin is offline Member

Not ulcers I hope. Another herb to try is chammomile. It soothes the stomach and anxiety. I use it for traveling sometimes, and my "kids" seem much more relaxed. The chinese stomach remedy may include it also. A good article on the benefits is at petcarenaturally.com/handouts/chamomile.pdf There are a lot of good sites out there in addition to that one. Good luck and I hope he feels better soon!

Thanks for the replies. Anyone know anything about 5-HTP and dogs?