Tail down all weekend...

Thread: Tail down all weekend...

corona2006 is offline Member

DefaultTail down all weekend...

My girl Corona woke up Saturday morning and she seemed to be fine. Slept with us the night before, but woke up more than often. She went outside Saturday morning like normal while I got ready. I let her back in about an hour later and noticed her tail was down, just hanging. She got in the chair and seemed like she wanted sleep. I went outside to kick the ball with her a couple times. kicked it once and she ran after it, but not too fast. Second time she just watched it and then come and sat right beside me. NOT NORMAL! The ball is her life when you are outside with her. She slept most of the day Saturday. Saturday slept with me all night as well. kept getting up and moving though like she couldn't get comfortable. yesterday slept most of the day as well. eating/pottying/playing like normal now She also played a bit with the dog next door. Tail will go up a bit when she is outside. Gave her a Tylenol last night about 5 but she slept all night till I got up this morning at 3. took her to potty, she peed, tail pointed up. Any ideas what could be going on? OH! I don't think this has to do anything with it, but she ate a tick Friday. Before I could get to it, she did and went GULP! I have read that the acids in her stomach would help with the tick.. should I be worried with that? Boyfriend is going to give her a Tylenol this morning. If she isn't any better by the time I get home I'm going to the vet.. But just wanted to see if anyone here had any input.. thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TimC. is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Tail down all weekend...

I'm not sure what is wrong with your dog, but I would never give mine Tylenol or anything with acetaminophen in it. If I have to give Oona anything it would be a buffered aspirin.
    Olie

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

Ditto that. Tylenol is toxic to dogs and cats.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

OMG!! I didn't know that!! good thing I only gave her 1/2 of one!!! will not be giving her that anymore! I thought that giving dogs that was fine. Boyfriend is at home with her right now.. says she is still sleeping... has an appointment at 2:30 today! hopefully everything is ok! I did read about something called cold water tail? wonder if that could be it? it says excesive play could cause it and we have been in the yard this past week playing like crazy!

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

NOOOOOOO not Tylenol!!!! Make sure you mention that to the vet when you take her in, just in case. Regular aspirin is OK, but that's it.

It sounds like it might be cold tail.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

imported_BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Sounds like cold tail - hope there are no ill effects from the Tylenol. You should never assume that human meds are OK for dogs.
    Sharon

Went to the vet yesterday. Everything on the "outside" looks good.. When I got home yesteday she had her tail up a bit and wagging it, but still down most of the time... Did tell the Vet that I gave her 1/2 tylenol. He said to just never do that again. (I will know next time not to listen to my friend! she raises bull dogs and gives them tylenol! Will have to update her on that as well!) Vet gave me some big fat pills to give to Corona, but said wait till this afternoon to make sure the tylenol is out of her system. they took blood and sent it off. They could do it, but if they send it off they do more test. Will find out after 10 today. She slept all afternoon and night yesterday, but wanted to play for about 10-15 minutes yesterday with Boyfriend. That consist of grabbing his arm and pulling him outside. That was good to see, but then she climbed in the chair and passed out!

sarah is offline Senior Member

I hope your sweet girl is ok.. keep us updated on what the vet says!

Good thoughts for you
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia