vomiting

Thread: vomiting

TN_LAB is offline Member

Defaultvomiting

My 8 month old puppy is vomiting. She's vomited three times in the past couple of days. I'm going to withhold food for the next 24 hours and see if that helps.

Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_nellies mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: vomiting

Make sure she doesn't get dehydrated. She could have a blockage. Is she pooping? If she were mine I would have the vet check it out.
    <br />~~~~~~~~<br />Danie<br />Nellie, CGC<br />~~~~~~~~<br />The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Vomited what? and when?

If she seems ok in herself otherwise, I would fast her for a day. Then after the fast, do a day of bland food (chicken/rice). If she is still vomiting after that, something is definitely up and she should be seen by a vet ASAP.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TN_LAB is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    Vomited what? and when?

If she seems ok in herself otherwise, I would fast her for a day. Then after the fast, do a day of bland food (chicken/rice). If she is still vomiting after that, something is definitely up and she should be seen by a vet ASAP.
    We're fasting her today on rice & chicken stock.

She vomited up her kibble just before bed and looked rather lethargic. In the morning she was good as new, but then a couple days later it started all over again.

I've been watching her for bowel movements. I so hope she doesn't have some type of blockage. There's a reason folks describe sad eyes as "puppy-dog eyes." She looked so sad the other night after vomiting.

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

I just went through this with my yellow girl. she got dehydrated and had to have 3 liters of fluids. If she is continuously throwing up her food; don't give her anything but water and chicken broth for 24 hours. Then you can add small bits of rice/chicken...but in small amounts every few hours. If she isn't holding down the water/chicken broth; you definitely need to get to the vet. My girl was holding down water but not food and still ended up dehydrated. See if her gums are sticky; if they are, she might be dehydrated.

TN_LAB is offline Member

We fed her steamed rice and chicken broth all day yesterday and had no problems. This morning, I added a bit of chicken and just now introduced a bit of dry kibble.

She's had a couple of bowel movements and seems fine.

Tundra Aries Guest

I'm glad she seems fine now