muscle twitches

Thread: muscle twitches

Defaultmuscle twitches

I have noticed in the past couple of weeks that my two year old labs muscles twich if you stroke his back or ribs. He has also been scratching and licking his sides quite a bit. I have switched him over to raw food about two months ago.

Any suggestion ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Nick is offline Senior Member

I don't think the two are related, but Jes will "twitch" if I scratch his sides. He also has "thumper spots" where if I scratch around his sternum it'll make him scratch his side. It's a reflex.

As for scratching and licking his sides, is his skin dry or flaky?

He definitley has the thumper spots, they are just new, he never had them before, although he used to have a layer of fat and maybe wasn't quite as sensitive. I am hoping the licking and scratching is just dry skin but I haven't noticed the skin being dry or flaky, very pink though. Maybe I will take him back to the vet just to make sure. He has megaesophagus, so I am a little sensitive to any new "problem" I notice in him. Thanks, I do feel better about the twitch, Neither of my labs have ever had it before.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I agree with Nick. Also, Bess, my previous Lab, had lots of twitching in her sleep and so does Puff now. It's benign.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Just thought I would let you know, it turned out to be an reaction to the raw beef I have started to feed him! The vet gave him some antihitamine tablets and it has all cleared up.