Update again on Chaos

Thread: Update again on Chaos

DefaultUpdate again on Chaos

Well, Chaos began vomiting and diarrhea Saturday morning. Took him to the vet. She said worms but she wanted to keep him. :no:Given that she would not do any diagnostics I told her no to keeping him and took him back to the ER vet. Needless to say the vet wasn't happy but I didn't care. She had done no diagnostics at all on Chaos and I was begging for something because I knew something wasn't right. Anyway, ER vet did a Parvo test and 2 view abdomen. Chaos tested strong positive for Parvo even though he had his shots up to date and on time. The 2 view abdomen showed a lot of air in his colon but no foreign objects. Thank God!! So, they put him in the hospital and treated him aggressively. They were fabulous. FABULOUS!! I brought him home on Amoxicillin, Flagyl, and Zofran the next day. He's on I/D diet right now. By Monday, he had a small appetite and a little energy. By last night, he was living up to his name. He is eating like a piggie lab. Normal poop! yeah!! He should have gained all the weight he had lost back by now the way he is eating. He is playing, retrieving, getting into trouble. Only problem is he is so mischievious and non stop now. He is up all night whining or barking in his crate waiting for me to come cater to his every need (food, play, occasional potty) and does not want me out of sight. I'm elated that he is getting better. I'm happy he's chaos. The vet did suggest I change his name as he's sure he's going to live up to it. Maybe I'll call him Sleepy. Thanks for all your well wishes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Update again on Chaos

Glad you got him treated and that he's better. Some vets aren't very eager to do tests.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748