I'll call it a clicking feel in her shoulder

Thread: I'll call it a clicking feel in her shoulder

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultI'll call it a clicking feel in her shoulder

Hope I can describe this well enough for someone to respond.

Hershey Kisses displays no symptoms of anything being wrong. Last night she decided that recall was not in her vocabulary. She wasn't running away, just not interested in going back inside. So I walked over to her and 'suggested ' she come along with me.

I had my hand touching her right shoulder area as she began to walk along with me. I felt what I can only describe as a joint clicking, maybe a bump of some kind in the joint that when one bone rotated in the joint it would slip over it, like a mechanical cam action? No pain or discomfort on her part, no limping, just something I happened to feel.

She is just over 18 months old. For all I know this is normal, but I don't think it should be.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

nwlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I'll call it a clicking feel in her shoulder

When you say shoulder...

Do you mean the actual point of shoulder where the upper arm meets the shoulder (this is in the front of the dog), or do you mean the withers which is the top of the scapula?

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I'll call it a clicking feel in her shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by nwlabs
    When you say shoulder...

Do you mean the actual point of shoulder where the upper arm meets the shoulder (this is in the front of the dog), or do you mean the withers which is the top of the scapula?
    Uh! Oh! Okay, I just searched for a skeletal diagram of a dog. I think that I am feeling this at the top, as the dog stands, of the scapula.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.