Pro Meris

Thread: Pro Meris

TimC. is offline Senior Member

DefaultPro Meris

My vet has just switched from Frontline for fleas and ticks to Pro Meris. She says its the same price but it kills the suckers much quicker than Frontline, which is great because we have such a problem with Lyme Disease in Central NY. Has anybody had any experience with this product?
    Olie

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Nick is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Pro Meris

Personally, I'm waiting until it's been on the market for a while. Frontline is known to be safe, and for what I use it for it's effective (ticks are really only a problem a short time here, so 3 tubes lasts me at least a year).

imported_kiddsmom is offline Senior Member

Anything made by Fort Dodge will not touch my dog.
    <br />Oregon

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bearsdad is offline Senior Member

What Betsy said!!
    <br /><br />&quot;in moments of joy, all of us wish we possessed a tail we could wag.&quot;<br />w.h. auden<br /><br />&quot;This is worse than a divorce... I&#39;ve lost half of my net worth and I still have my wife&quot;

Quote Originally Posted by kiddsmom
    Anything made by Fort Dodge will not touch my dog.
    Why?

goodguy is offline Senior Member

Fort Dodge is notorious for using the marketplace to do most of their testing.. as in your dogs are the test dogs... They do the very minimum amount of testing before putting products on the market. I know allot of vets sent their stock of promeris back to Fort Dodge and no longer even carry this product... Including my vet as well as many people on here. There was a big thread about it back a few months ago… But it seems to have since been removed or something. My vet had it and then the next time I went they didn’t even carry it anymore… And shortly there after the thread appeared here. Dogs as well as people were getting sick because of the promeris just being in their house on the dog. It sounded very uncomfortable from what I remember. Allot of nauseous folks and throwing up etc. from what I remember… My vet has since only been stocking frontline.

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy
    Fort Dodge is notorious for using the marketplace to do most of their testing.. as in your dogs are the test dogs... They do the very minimum amount of testing before putting products on the market. I know allot of vets sent their stock of promeris back to Fort Dodge and no longer even carry this product... Including my vet as well as many people on here. There was a big thread about it back a few months ago… But it seems to have since been removed or something. My vet had it and then the next time I went they didn’t even carry it anymore… And shortly there after the thread appeared here. Dogs as well as people were getting sick because of the promeris just being in their house on the dog. It sounded very uncomfortable from what I remember. Allot of nauseous folks and throwing up etc. from what I remember… My vet has since only been stocking frontline.
    Thanks for your response.
    Olie