Royal Canin Labrador 30 Dry Food...

Thread: Royal Canin Labrador 30 Dry Food...

sticks1977 is offline Member

DefaultRoyal Canin Labrador 30 Dry Food...

Just thought I would post on the latest saga involving Fraser and his food...

Previously I have had him on Hill's Science Diet (Large Breed Puppy), Eagle Pack (Holistic Large Breed Puppy) and both seemed to give him the "runs" after a little while. Not every poo was liquid only a few here and there - but without doubt I would find at least one runny one every day!

I took him to the Vet and they lab tested his droppings for all the necessary precautions and everything came back negative. Finally after his Eagle Pack ran out I thought to try him on a new food...

Went down to the local pet store and decided on Royal Canin Labrador 30 Adult dry food. So far he is going really well on it and all his stools that I have picked up over the last few days have been firm and solid - no runs at all! I purchased another bag of Eagle Pack though to mix it in with what he is having currently...

Have any of you out there had good experiences with Eagle Pack? The other option I was thinking of was the labrador brand of dry food by Eukanuba. I have also noticed with Royal Canin that the kibble size is much bigger than Eagle Pack - I guess easier for a lab to digest?

Thanks for reading - and feel free to reply... would be interested to see what some of you have to say!

Regards, Shaun (sticks1977)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sarah is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Royal Canin Labrador 30 Dry Food...

Hi Shaun

Milly is on Eagle Pack Large and Giant Breed Puppy formula and has done really well on it since we switched her about 2 months ago from Hills SD Puppy kibble.

I was going to go with the Royal Canin but looking at the ingredients the Eagle Pack didn't have any corn in it and I believe it was the corn content in the HSD food that was causing her to scratch lots so I went with the Eagle Pack. The main improvements I noticed when changing foods is

1. Hardly any scratching
    2. Not as much dandruff in her coat
    3. Less frequent poo's
    4. Poo's don't smell anymore

We'll keep Milly on the Eagle Pack because she's doing quite well on it.

cheers Sarah
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

goodguy is offline Senior Member

Sami was on Royal Canin lab 30 as soon as she was old enough to eat adult food. So, maybe a year and a half... She did good on it, but she was licking allot and the vet and I after a long drawn out deal we found she's likely allergic to chicken. So i had to switch her, to something without chicken... Other than the allergies she did well on it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

They all seem to do well on different foods. Heck, I know dogs that have lived to be 17 years old (large breeds, too!) on Ol' Roy and you've certainly picked foods that are far superior to that in quality and ingredients.

I'm glad you found something that works for Fraser. If it continues to work, I would stick with it. Chronic diarrhea probably isn't a fun thing for anyone.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon