My 6 month old yellow lab just tipped my garbage over and started eating the container raw chicken comes in. How susceptible are dogs to getting salmonella poisoning?
luckily for me - not so much
things should be ok - watch for a blockage if he ate much of the container itself but raw feeders feed raw chicken and my dogs have gotten into it a few times with no ill affect
“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller
My dogs eat raw chicken a few times a week.
He'll be OK.
Baloo - 5 year old black lab
Peanut - 7 year old minpin
Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
I'd worry more about the "container" than salmonella....... my dogs eat raw chicken all the time. They are fed an all raw diet.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
the container was still whole he was licking it on the floor he might have eaten that pad they put in the bottom to soak up the juice. It was only in the bin for maybe a hour
He'll be fine as long as the "pad" the container didn't get swallowed to cause an obstruction.
dittoOriginally Posted by CYNLABS