Auggie passes the DUCK test for Cushing's/ going 'alternative'

Thread: Auggie passes the DUCK test for Cushing's/ going 'alternative'

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

DefaultAuggie passes the DUCK test for Cushing's/ going 'alternative'

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Auggie passes the DUCK test for Cushing's/ going 'alternative'

Sending payers & good thoughts for Auggie.

millstonekennel is offline Senior Member

I have a 13 yr old with pituitary gland cushing. We put her on selegiline last year but it was making her ill even know all the blood test came back normal so the only thing she is on now is Pituitrophin made by standard process http://www.standardprocess.com/displ...log.spi?ID=130 and so far so good her blood work still is OK. What are you use to help cool her? And is it working. My girl get very hot and she also has laryngeal paralysis so the heat is twice as hard on her.
    Alicia

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by millstonekennel
    I have a 13 yr old with pituitary gland cushing. We put her on selegiline last year but it was making her ill even know all the blood test came back normal so the only thing she is on now is Pituitrophin made by standard process http://www.standardprocess.com/displ...log.spi?ID=130 and so far so good her blood work still is OK. What are you use to help cool her? And is it working. My girl get very hot and she also has laryngeal paralysis so the heat is twice as hard on her.
    About the 'cooling'; our alternative vet prescribed Rehmannia to be added to the ingredients that go into brewing her home-brewed tea. That seemed to help with heat tolerance quite a bit. Also we got her a kiddie wading pool to sit/lay in when she wants to, but she is a 'house dog' so we keep the temp in the house no higher than 75F.
    The house air conditioner is kept at 75F and when it "kicks on" I just go around and close all the windows.
    Before the Cushing's syndrome was diagnosed I would also take her into the shower and get her thoroughly wet with almost body temp. water, after she shook out just a light towel rub and she was very comfortable for 4-6 hours.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

millstonekennel is offline Senior Member

Thank you I will talk to my holistic vet about Rehmannia. She has a baby pool and I keep her wet when needed but I have no AC at this time (it died :'( )
    Alicia