I've had Gertie on Revolution since May (just had 3rd dose)
Vet said it would clear up any signs of mange (also had 1 dose of
Ivermectin in May just to make sure)
She still shows some hair loss around the ear trim and now
she's losing her hair by her left eye.
Is it possible that this is still mange? I'm thinking some sort of allergy...but
why is she only losing hair in the "classic sarcoptic" spots? Then I think, maybe mange?
My other lab is fine. Makes me think, not mange.
I'm driving myself crazy. I hate to drag her back to the vet to have him give me more mange treatments.
What would you do at this point??
Thank you for your opinions.
From Revolution's medical information insert:Pruritus is just a fancy way of saying itching. Basically, Revolution's claim is only that 50% of dogs appear cured after one dose and 90% of dogs appeared cured after two doses. That still leaves 10% who did not appear cured after two doses. I'd go back to the vet and talk about an alternate treatment plan.Sarcoptic Mange Treatment in Dogs
For the treatment of sarcoptic mange (S. scabiei) in dogs, Revolution should be administered
once as a single topical dose. A second monthly dose may be required in some dogs. Monthly
use of Revolution will control any subsequent sarcoptic mange mite infestations. Because of the
difficulty in finding sarcoptic mange mites on skin scrapings, effectiveness assessments also
were based on resolution of clinical signs. Resolution of the pruritus associated with the mite
infestations was observed in approximately 50% of the dogs 30 days after the first treatment and
in approximately 90% of the dogs 30 days after the second monthly treatment.