Anyone have any advice?

Thread: Anyone have any advice?

Karolyn is offline Senior Member

DefaultAnyone have any advice?

Hi everyone

I am really hoping that someone has had some experience with this. I would like to get some replies ASAP.

Monday night I noticed Harlee's breathing was different. It had never happened before, and it almost sounds like she keeps blowing air out her nose. Tuesday it was not any better, I took her to the vet they said, it could be an allergy or something could be in her nose. They gave her a shot for allergies and said if it is not better friday (supposed to keep her on benedyl) to bring her back and they will put her under and do a scope.

Has anyone experienced this before? This started out of the blue Monday night, nothing else is different. SHe was 1 on April 29th.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Anyone have any advice?

Was she doing some running in the heat or anything differently?

Laura

Laura, nothing different at all. It really just happened out of the blue. It was actually a fairly quiet weekend and as I said the only out of the ordinary is that she pooped all over the floor monday morning. I did not notice the breathing until Monday night and it was the same Tuesday morning when I woke up so I took her right to the vet. I will say if she is laying down quietly, you dont really notice it until she is up and walking around.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

Hmmm, something obviously is going on. The breathing could be a sign of pain or distress. Was the poop formed?

I'd be having the vet do a complete physical at this point. Maybe some blood work (complete blood panel) to rule things out. I'd be having him checking her heart too just to be sure.

It's tough when you feel something is going on but the dog can't pin it down for you. It can be difficult to figure out.

Laura

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I took her to the vet they said, it could be an allergy or something could be in her nose. They gave her a shot for allergies and said if it is not better friday (supposed to keep her on benedryl) to bring her back and they will put her under and do a scope.
    Do you live within comfortable driving distance of a School/College of VetMed? They usually have better diagnosticians (& tests) and aren't so much inclined to treat best guesses.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Bob, No I don't live close to one and I dont know if you have ever read any of my past posts, but I cannot find a vet here that I am even comfortable with. I am by no means an expert but I have done a lot of reading since I got Harlee. I find when i leave there (tried 5 vets), I am paying out siometimes $300 dollars and I still have no idea what is wrong with the dog.

She seems a bit better tonight, I am going to wait until Monday before going back to the vet. I am off tomorrow and the weekend and see how it goes. If its allergies, that is fine but I am sooooooooo worried, I do not want to put her under with a vet I dont trust because of allergies. It is soooooooo frustrating.

I know I didnt get many responses on this, but I still want to add..

I noticed that when Harlee is laying down in her crate, she does not make this noise. I'm not sure if there is a reason for that but, just thought I would throw it out there.

millstonekennel is offline Senior Member

Were are you located?
    Alicia

I'm in Moncton, New Brunswick...Canada