Up at 400am for a year....Tired
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Up at 400am for a year....Tired

Muga is offline Junior Member

DefaultUp at 400am for a year....Tired

:tired: My 2 year old Chocolate Lab "Muga"....wakes every morining at 400am. It started when we moved into our new house. when she was about a year. We've tried everything. more exercise, later feedings, earlier feeding....no water after certain times. I just wish she could sleep in untill 700ish at least. She sleeps in our bed or on the floor beside us....but at 400am she get up and sits on my hed (Im serious)...thus I wake up and then shes up. usually I will take her out and feed her and she goes back to sleep....Ignoring her does nothing, she whines until i do something. If I put her in the laundry room downstairs where her bed is and where she spends time when we are not home....she barks constantly. we are getting tired!.....looking for advice...Its 10am now and now shes sleeping (go figure).

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

baby belle is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Up at 400am for a year....Tired

NO advice except I am in the same exact boat as you!! My 8 month old sleeps with us since she was about 10 weeks. Since then she wakes me up every single morning by putting her head on mine at 5 am. She has never once slept past 5:30 am!! I take her out and she is ready to eat, play etc. This morning it was 4:30 am! I took her out and put her in her crate til 6 of course i couldn't fall back to sleep! She goes to sleep around 9 pm every nite, she just passes out. Luckly, I am a stay at home mom so I do every once in a while take a nap in the afternoon for about 30 mins which helps. If i had to work.........Forget it!!!

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

i saw a programme on tv once where their dog did this.....the trainer put the dog in a crate, in a different room...every time the dog barked they had to go in and squirt it in the face with water and say quiet..the dog caught on pretty quick so maybe worth a shot im sure others will have other suggestions

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

It will depend on how close your neighbors are and how "tuff" you are, but if she gets put in a crate every morning when she wakes you up, she's surely going to stop waking you. You may have to listen to her for a few mornings, but I bet she will get the hint.

imported_GoodDog is offline Junior Member

I'd crate the dog at night and cover the crate with a cover (leave enough open space for air to enter) to dim any light and prevent the dog from seeing too much.

As long as you let the dog sleep on your bed, its is free to wake you up at will.

Good luck!

imported_BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Wow, sounds like she has you well trained! Yes, you need to just start crating her every night until she breaks the habit (which is what this is). I would get her out for a potty break (even if you have to wake her up) before you go to bed and she will eventually revert to your schedule, not hers.

Sharon

JacksAndLabs is offline Senior Member

What time is her last trip outside? What time do you go to bed?
    ~Nicole<br />Grand Ledge, MI<br /><br />

Trickster is offline Senior Member

What time is her last trip outside? What time do you go to bed?
    That is what I would like to know, too. Also, how much exercise is she getting?

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I know with my pups, they wake me up early if I can't get them to potty before we go to bed.

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

I might also try not feeding her until later in the morning...at a time you'd prefer to feed her. She is being rewarded for getting you up at that time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast