To Suppliment or Not and How Much?

Thread: To Suppliment or Not and How Much?

LabLoverNmiami is offline Junior Member

DefaultTo Suppliment or Not and How Much?

:whatever: Angel is almost 8 months old. She is a real Angel too. I recently (about a month ago) started feeding her a mix of Blue Buffalo Organics and Blue Wilderness dry kibble ( 1 & 1/2 cups) with 1/4 can of Blue Buffalo canned food and a dollup of plain white yogurt in each meal. She loves it and seems to be doing really well on it. She is a rescue and when she came to me she was flea bitten- tick bitten and had ringworm and very dry skin. I've gotten rid of all the fleas- ringworm etc but she still has dry skin- not nearly as bad as before though. I've been thinking about supplimenting her diet with fish oil. She weighs about 55#'s and is an active and healthy pup. How do I determine dosage? And do I need to supplimet anything else with the fish oil? Seems somewhere I heard you have to give Vitamin E? How much? I also have heard of people just feeding fish (like Sardines) a few times a week. Is that to replace supplimenting? And how do I determine how much and when to feed her the Sardines if I choose to go that route? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Gang!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_kiddsmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: To Suppliment or Not and How Much?

If you have a well-balanced food, there is no need to supplement. As for her coat improving, it doesn't happen overnight and takes time.
    <br />Oregon

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

Try probiotics. They help aid in the digestion of processed food and help in absorbing the nutrients and minerals in food.
    Kim

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

LabLoverNmiami is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Pr.
    Thanks Bob. Yes Ihad read your post as well as the others on that board. So if you feed fish there is no need to fish oil pills ? I think I'll try some. Thanks !

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I feed not only the small salmon slice but ALSO a Kirkland Fish Oil capsule. (But I did first discuss it with Diamond's/(Kirkland's) vet at the time, Dr. Melissa Brookshire, telling her the EPA & DHA amounts in the Fish Oil capsule and she said one daily Kirkland Fish Oil caps would fit well with the Kirkland C&R formulation we feed.)
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748