Canidae=Diamond
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canidae=Diamond

baby belle is offline Senior Member

DefaultCanidae=Diamond

Saw on another forum and it is confirmed that Canidae now outsources and Diamond Pet Foods makes their food. Just to let all of you know incase you didn't already. I guess alot of people are upset about it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Canidae=Diamond

The people who own Diamond make a LOT of food. Always have.

Laura

Well from what is confirmed, Canidae used to be on their own and not too many people trust Diamond with all the recalls..... I understand Diamond makes alot of foods but i think people were scared with all the recalls and were happy to find a company not involved and now they find that Canidae is being made by a company involved..... I don't need to worry as i dont feed that. Just letting those know who may have an issue with DIamond as i am sure some do!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Diamond had the one recall years ago... due to molds, right? Generally when a company has a big problem like that, QC is tightened even more. So, sometimes problems are good to have had in the past. I'm not terribly worried as I think all in all, Diamond has a good reputation, and as long as Canidae continues to use the ingredients they've always used (and advertised as such), I'm fine w/ it. Now if it goes down hill, they'll have some upset folks on their hands and I doubt they want that after working this hard for market share.
    Do you know where your fruit is packaged? Your milk? Your eggs? Your cereal? Probably not, but it may be by a company that is in competition in one way or another w/ one of the contracted customers, and we never seem to notice.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

well you are right about that!! We have no idea where our food is packaged etc.. There are just so many scary stories about this whole dog food thing lately

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I agree with birdbrainz

All major dog food companies have had recalls. Remember melamine contamination?

Schell & Kampeter (maker of Diamond, Diamond Naturals, Chicken Soup, Taste of the Wild, Kirkland, and many others) is no exception.

The recall they had was based on one truck load of corn that had aflatoxin that was processed into SOME of their products (the ones that use corn) made in one Georgia plant.

It slipped by the quality control sampling they used at the time. They've since increased their sampling to be among the highest in the industry.

I use Kirkland. Did through the recall because my Kirkland doesn't contain corn and wasn't made in that Georgia plant.

I buy one bag ahead (we use one every 3-4 months) so I'll have ample warning.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Pr.

I buy one bag ahead (we use one every 3-4 months) so I'll have ample warning.

Sheesh Bob Pr. You seriously need more dogs there! Only 1 bag every 3-4 mos? Try 11 days here! I buy 3 at a time and it still wouldn't buy me much warning!

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

I would rather have Diamond and Canidae connected to each other than Mars (Pedigree) and Nutro. Nutro prides itself on their extreme high quality but then gets partnered up with one of the lowest quality companies I can think of to source their ingredients?
    I dont want to put down people using Pedigree. They do and it works. But I think like begets like and come on...Pedigree 40lb you can get for like $16!!!
    Kim

labby is offline Senior Member

Let's face it. Nutro used to be a decent company. They have really slid downhill over the past 10 years or so. I wouldn't feed their food if it were given to me for free.

Laura

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

Canidae is also changing their formula. They are adding barley, rice bran, and millet.
    http://www.canidae.com/new-formulas.html
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast