heavy breathing/panting

Thread: heavy breathing/panting

happydog is offline Junior Member

Defaultheavy breathing/panting

I have a two year old yellow lab who is half english and half american lab. I have had him since he was a puppy and his breathing has got increasingly heavy. When he rides in the car, he just pants non stop, and will do so for up to 2hours. Its not because he has to use the bathroom, as I will to let him out and he still pants when he gets back in. My question is, is there something wrong with him? Is this normal? Is he just very uncomfortable in the car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: heavy breathing/panting

Sounds like he is just uncomfortable riding. My yellow boy barks and paces constantly in the car. Frustrating, I know......

happydog is offline Junior Member

does anyone have any suggestions to make him more comfortable/relaxed in the car?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

Do you take him on short rides just to go to the park or get an ice cream cone or something that he would love? Taking short trips works for some; it didn't do the trick for Dutch. Keeping the windows cracked so the air circulates. If he is getting car sick, some say ginger snaps work well. My first lab didn't do well in the car either; he would drool the entire time. He loved where he was going; but hated getting there.