bit of a vent
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bit of a vent

doglover12 Guest

Defaultbit of a vent

Would you believe this another person on another forum reckons i'm unfit to own dogs basicly cause i won't feed super premium dog food, I'm also unfit to own dogs cause i live with my parents and cause my parents won't allow a big dog inside. I know most of you allow your dogs inside which is cool but i cannot, Amber has chosen to be outside, if she sleeps inside she yelps and crys all night were if shes outside shes quiet. I'm not making any excuse at all. She will come inside to play but when she gets tired she wants to go back outside. My vet has said my dogs diet is good, My golden and chihuahua get hills science diet light adult as there known to put on weight. Amber gets supercoat puppy for now, They also get raw beef or chicken mince and chicken or beef bones, They also get an raw egg once a week and sometimes omega 3 plus 6 & 9. Our cattle dog which has now passed was feed cheap supermarket food and bones and she lived to the age of 16 years old. Our cattle dog also had breast cancer which was operated on and heartworm which was treated she had a bad heart due to heartworm and still lived to the age of 16. I guess i'm just angry how somepeople think people are unfit to own dogs cause they choose not to feed super premium dog food and live with there parents. How is it that living with your parents make you unfit to own a dog? I have an intellectual/behavioural disabilitywhich requires a career my mum is my career this forum doesn't understand that. I'm hopeless with maths,spelling have a dictionary beside me on the computer for spelling plus more which would be too long to say. My animals get feed what i can afford to feed them,they get veterinary care,fresh water walked daily. To me i find myself a responsible owner i could always not feed them.give fresh water,walk daily and veterinary care. Why do people always have to judge people that feed there dogs what they can afford, If i did buy super premium dog food my dogs wouldn't be able to get the veterinary care then.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: bit of a vent

You need to try to not get so upset by the opinions of strangers on the internet. It's just not worth the energy you are clearly investing.
    Sharon

labby is offline Senior Member

Are these people paying your bills? I feed my dogs ProPlan. My dogs do best on what some would consider a "medium-grade food". I've fed all the expensive foods when I was guilted into it by magazines or dog food fanatics who feel the World is ending because someone dares to feed Iams or Purina.

You know what? My dogs looked like crap on those better/holistic/best/magazine/forum approved foods. On one of those foods, my dogs looked abused, their condition was so bad. It took a year for my dogs were able to go back into the show ring after feeding one of those "better" foods.

Feed what works. If it's Iams, ProPlan or *gasp* Dog Chow, who the heck should care besides you? My mentor fed Puppy Chow and Hi-Pro. Her dogs looked great.

I refuse to be guilted into feeding something else because someone else doesn't like the company or the ingredients. I actually had someone on this very board dare to tell me my 16½ year old Lab would have lived longer if I had fed something besides Purina. Purina is evil, don't you know (tongue firmly planted in cheek) Let's not forget that ProPlan was NEVER on the recall list while some of those "better" foods were.

Until someone who tells you that your choice of food isn't good enough forks over the money to pay your bills, thumb your nose at them and feed whatever you want.

Laura

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

doglover12 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownDog

You need to try to not get so upset by the opinions of strangers on the internet. It's just not worth the energy you are clearly investing.
    I know i try so hard to just laugh at what these people come up with, Thats my problem i take things to heart to much.

doglover12 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by labby
    Are these people paying your bills? I feed my dogs ProPlan. My dogs do best on what some would consider a "medium-grade food". I've fed all the expensive foods when I was guilted into it by magazines or dog food fanatics who feel the World is ending because someone dares to feed Iams or Purina.

You know what? My dogs looked like crap on those better/holistic/best/magazine/forum approved foods. On one of those foods, my dogs looked abused, their condition was so bad. It took a year for my dogs were able to go back into the show ring after feeding one of those "better" foods.

Feed what works. If it's Iams, ProPlan or *gasp* Dog Chow, who the heck should care besides you? My mentor fed Puppy Chow and Hi-Pro. Her dogs looked great.

I refuse to be guilted into feeding something else because someone else doesn't like the company or the ingredients. I actually had someone on this very board dare to tell me my 16½ year old Lab would have lived longer if I had fed something besides Purina. Purina is evil, don't you know (tongue firmly planted in cheek) Let's not forget that ProPlan was NEVER on the recall list while some of those "better" foods were.

Until someone who tells you that your choice of food isn't good enough forks over the money to pay your bills, thumb your nose at them and feed whatever you want.

Thank you this is so true there not paying my bills,They don't own my dogs,they don't even know my dogs or me so why should they have the right to tell me what not to feed. I didn't think of it this way lol how dumb of me hehe. My dogs are doing great with what they have been feed, Einsteins coat isn't as ruff as it used to be and has a shine to it, Ambers coat is very shiny and black as black lol,Rascal my chuahuas coat is doing better too isn't shedding much hair like he used too.Makes me wandr if this person is jealous of something. Interesting to hear that your dogs didn't do well with the expensive food, Goes to prove that expensive might not mean better food.

sarah is offline Senior Member

If your dogs are doing well on the food that you feed them and they are well cared for (and it appears that you adore them!! ) then I would not care about what other people think!
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

tkpaul is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labby

Couldn't have said it better, and I have tried. :ugly:

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I don't feel dogs should live outside, sorry. Especially not labs.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

tkpaul is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317
    I don't like to see a dog cooped up all day indoors, even worse a crate. Sometimes, I realize, certain living arrangements can't be helped. I once shared my one bedroom apt. with my lab, just because I had no where else to go. But if they're indoors the majority of the time, they can't experience the sights and sounds of their world. I put a bird feeder just outside our fence and they love to sit there and watch the birds, chase frogs and bugs, wrestle and chase each other, and bark at things in the night. They can't nap in the warm spring sun and enjoy a cool summer night's breeze. My dogs run hunt tests and are hunting dogs, I want them acclimated to the temperature, whether it's summer or winter. It's unfair to expect a dog work in temperatures their not acclimated to. Limiting a dogs senses to our world just doesn't seem fair, especially labs.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tkpaul
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317
    I don't like to see a dog cooped up all day indoors, even worse a crate. Sometimes, I realize, certain living arrangements can't be helped. I once shared my one bedroom apt. with my lab, just because I had no where else to go. But if they're indoors the majority of the time, they can't experience the sights and sounds of their world. I put a bird feeder just outside our fence and they love to sit there and watch the birds, chase frogs and bugs, wrestle and chase each other, and bark at things in the night. They can't nap in the warm spring sun and enjoy a cool summer night's breeze. My dogs run hunt tests and are hunting dogs, I want them acclimated to the temperature, whether it's summer or winter. It's unfair to expect a dog work in temperatures their not acclimated to. Limiting a dogs senses to our world just doesn't seem fair, especially labs.
    My dogs experience the great outdoors in all weather. We go to the park, go for walks, hang out in the backyard. They're outside quite a bit. BUT, they do not LIVE outside, where they are separated from the family, have to experience all manner of inclement weather and be at risk for people coming by when no one is home and stealing them, or feeding them inappropriate things, etc. Living indoors with the family does NOT mean that dogs are "cooped up inside". It means they are safe and included.

It is my own belief that if a dog can't be considered a cherished member of the family (including sharing a residence) then that is not an appropriate home for a dog to live in. JMO.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast